What in the World is going on????

Options
Hello and Good Morning or afternoon,

Since the beginning of the year I have made a goal to change my life into a healthier living style starting by what I eat ( okay it's really more of a work in progress ) and to lose about 50lbs. Here is the issue at hand. The first two weeks my weight started to just shred off which is fantastic! About week four into my body packed on all the weight. I didn't change anything and it all just came back. Now that it's four MONTHS later and well nothing has changed. My weight Fluctuates between 130-126 every week ( it's disheartening and yet I keep trekking on ) I do cardio and try to throw in some strength training. No please keep in mind I have a job that is 7 days a week working 9am-11pm everyday ( what do I do? I am a delivery driver ). I am in need of some advice or criticism if need be. Anything and everything is welcome! PLEASE HELP ME!!!! :(

Mililani

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It is a bit difficult to tell because I had to go back quite a bit in your diary in order to get a fully logged day (or, what I assumed was fully logged). It seems that you don't get very many calories compared to what MFP recommends (and the recommendation is already in a deficit). We have very efficient bodies, and once they realize that they're not getting enough on a regular basis, they'll start holding onto nutrients, but usually will retain a lot of water (because that's much more important than food). If you give it more nutrients on a regular basis, it will feel more comfortable about shedding water.

Perhaps it's a bit tmi, but this is why constipation is often associated with diet changes. Our bodies are like "Whaaaaachu doin'?" and it's grabs all the water it can because it thinks it needs to stay alive, when you're actually just starving yourself on purpose. o:
  • chrimsonfyre
    chrimsonfyre Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Mili, I know how you feel and I've been there. To get my weight to start dropping again, I found I had to actually eat more, and when I say more, it was significant. Apparently my body was in starvation mode, and holding onto everything I ate. I also had to change what I eat because of my PCOS. My body does not process sugar like it should because of the PCOS, so I know eat a Paleo type diet, cutting out processed foods, refined carbs (bread, pasta, rice) and avoid dairy as much as possible. So now I eat veggies and fruit and lean protein, nuts and beans. Since upping my calories and eating for what my body needs for my ailments, I'm down 12 pounds in a little over a month.

You need to figure out your niche. Find what works for you. You will get there, don't give up yet. :)
  • kellykw
    kellykw Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, but here's what I would try if it were me - More strength training, eat a little more/get as close as you can to your daily goal, switch it up by eating fewer carbs/more good fats/more protein, be more conscientious about logging, try interval training for cardio if you aren't doing that already

I'm curious - you say you want to lose 50 lbs, so I'm guessing you made a typo when you said your weight fluctuates between 130-126?

Above all, hang in there!! Sometimes we have to experiment a little to find what works for us, and what works for a while doesn't always work!
  • Milizxa
    Milizxa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My current weight is 230 and it usually drops to 226 during the week but by that next weigh in it goes back to 230 ( lol yes typo Thank you for the catch) :) . So I fluctuate 4lbs on a weekly basis. My ultimate goal is to weigh in at about 175-180.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Is difficult for people on here to give you advice because you don't log your food. We have no idea what or how much you eat.
    Do you really work 9am-11pm, 7 days a week? Good god woman, take a day off!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    u dont need to lose any weight ......................
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    1300 caleries or less
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    My weight Fluctuates between 130-126 every week.

But your ticker says you started at 230 and have lost 3 pounds. Is one of those a typo?
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    At your weight and age, if your height is between 5'0" and 5'7" your BMR alone is between 1700-1800. If you work that many hours a day you must be stopping frequently, right? People often think they're sedentary when they're not. If we consider you to even be lightly active, your TDEE is 2500 calories daily. If you are moderately active, your TDEE estimate is 2800 calories daily.

I recommend you try eating 2000 calories every single day. Measure meticulously though. If you are eating out at restaurants, go with stuff you can get a reasonably accurate calorie count if possible. Using a goal of 2000 calories, try and get 120g of protein daily and let carbs and fat land wherever they will for now, depending on what you want to eat that day. Try that for 4 weeks and see what happens.
  • Milizxa
    Milizxa Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lol yes that's a typo its supposed to say 230 and 226

I'm 5'9 and do need to fill in my things all day every day ( when watching the scale every week I just lost motivation to log meals)

Also correct I need a new job! Lol I don't eat while I drive and since its oncall it makes it difficult to stop and eat. So my meals are very few and in between which I know is bad.

Thank you lady's and gentlemen for helping and any advice/criticism is appreciated
  • chrimsonfyre
    chrimsonfyre Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hey Mili, I've discovered lately what is helping the weight move again for me is weight lifting and less sugar/carbs and more protein. I'm down to 229...w00t.
    Have you ever consider Paleo diet? That is what I am trying to convert to.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Sounds like eating at maintenance.