Exercise!!! I need HELP!! Suggestions! :)

Options
Can I lose weight just by brisk walking on the treadmill for 2 hours?? I usually burn about 380 calories by doing that. I want to lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks!! Pleasee give me some suggestion.

Replies

• sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    yes, you can, as long as you honestly stick to the daily calorie number given to you here! And log EVERY SINGLE THING that you eat.. just do things right :)
  • bokodasu
    bokodasu Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    You weigh 120 lbs and are trying to lose over 2 lbs a week. No. Nope. Stop. Not going to happen, and you are going to a) hurt yourself and b) f' up your metabolism big-time if you try.

Please find someone you can talk to about this.
  • AnisaMG
    AnisaMG Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    You weigh 120 lbs and are trying to lose over 2 lbs a week. No. Nope. Stop. Not going to happen, and you are going to a) hurt yourself and b) f' up your metabolism big-time if you try.

This x100 - unless you are extremely short; but even then a 2.5lb/week loss is a little steep.
  • kiwithecat123
    Options
    Hello there everyone! Thanks for responding. I am 130 pounds as of right now and I would like to weigh 100-112 ish!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

^^^This.
  • StefPayne
    StefPayne Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Honestly I would shoot for a pound a week, it's more realistic and you won't burn yourself out. An hour a day on the treadmill and a restricted diet will work just don't go as drastic as 2 hours a day and too low of calories:-)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Can I lose weight just by brisk walking on the treadmill for 2 hours?? I usually burn about 380 calories by doing that. I want to lose 20 pounds in 8 weeks!! Pleasee give me some suggestion.

With only 32 lbs to lose you should not expect or try to lose more than 1 lb or so/week. otherwise a large % of your loss will be LBM, not the fat you are looking at losing.