Can you cook Cottage Cheese?

swanke17
swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
I am looking to add more Protein and was thinking about Breakfast sandwiches. Can you put cottage cheese in the pan as you are making your eggs? Just wondering if anyone ever tried it.?

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Sometimes I stir in a little goat cheese with my eggs. I'm guessing cottage cheese would be fine. I have a lasagna recipe that calls for cottage cheese.
  • flash2009
    flash2009 Posts: 12 Member
    I've attempted to prepare cottage cheese on the stove top to use it as a substitute for paneer with no luck. It dissolved on a medium heat and on low it never clumped properly. It'd probably be fine for eggs though.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    I may have to try and see what I could do with that. Cottage cheese does do well in lasagna, as long as it's drained, but I don't know how it would do on the stove top.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    I put it in my tomato sauce, and I've heard others say it's really good with eggs (makes them creamy), but I've never tried it. I think I'll need to pick up some eggs from the store...
  • swanke17
    swanke17 Posts: 46 Member
    hmm maybe ill just have to try out. it would be nice to use it in place of a slice of cheese b/c it has a lot of protein. but just putting it the cheese on the sandwich would be messy
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    I often put some cottage cheese in with my scrambled eggs. It does change the consistency a bit, but it is tasty.
  • mlnick69
    mlnick69 Posts: 84
    You can cook it, but not just toss it in the pan and cook it. Add it to things. I've used it to add to a quiche like mixture to up the protein and make great little cupcake size quiche on the go snacks. Use it instead of.......in recipes.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    My mum used to use it in her lasagna, it was good. So yes. :)