New to this

Options
Hi everyone,
Signed on a month a go or so but really haven't used the site much. Trying to find motivation.... Trying to make it a habit. I seem to be able to gain and lose the same 4 pounds over and over again. The thought of losing10 pounds much less 40 pounds seem almost impossible! I love to walk and since I am in the Orlando area, I started walking at Disney World, (my favorite place to spend free time). I don't have anyone in the area I know to exercise with and that makes exercising not so much fun! I would love to go to the water parks etc, just don't want to go alone. It's amazing to me how many calories are in what we eat! I look at some of these lovely tiny women and wonder if they ever eat at all! Anything! So today I begin and try to keep myself motivated and away from most mirrors!

MJ

Replies

• JUSTFORME2010
    JUSTFORME2010 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I use to feel that way too. How could someone lose 40 pounds? Then I made it a religion to sign on here every single day. Talk wtih people read about people and their things and I went down 32 pounds so far. It is amazing and you walk I havent even started any of that yet.

You can do it for you.
    good luck
    debbie
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    It is tough. When I started walking every day with my dog, Willow, I weighed 197. this morning I weighed in at 173 - talk about surprise. What I realized once I joined MFP 3 weeks ago was that much of what I was eating/drinking was really unhealthy for me. When I started entering foods into the calorie analyzer on MFP, I started eating much more healthy. I have only gone over my calorie goal 1 time in 3 weeks - I have come close a couple of times. So, my goal is to lose another 30 lbs or so by Christmas. I believe I can do this - but I have to hold myself accountable. There is no cheating, there is choices. I can choose to eat more, unhealthy, etc. and then choose to see the scale go up; or I can choose to eat healthy and exercise and see the numbers on the scale go down - it is all up to me. I will have no one to blame but myself if I don't reach my goal.

I live a long long ways away from you, but add me as a friend for support, encouragement, and motivation. That's what this site is all about.

Blessings.

Vickie
  • charleyk79
    Options
    Hi just joined this site my name is charley this is going to be a adventure for me since i work to jobs dont know what all to say but im going to do my best and just try
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    H Charley!! I just joined as well! There seem to be amazingly, nice and supportive people here! I hope I can be that for you along with all the other folks! Add me as a friend if you like! I've been sitting here working at my desk and nothing has changed except a couple of folks responded to my post. y spirits raised immediately! Keep smiling and keep trying!
    MJ
  • Alicialanae
    Options
    Hello! I'm pretty new to the site. i have been battling my weight for over 18yrs now. once i had my first child the weight just started piling on. this is sooooo depressing for me. my 20yr anniversary is 12/20011. my goal is to lose at least 40lbs. i seriously need motivation,will power and lots of support.
  • sunshine4me
    sunshine4me Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well Welcome aboard Alicia!! My daughter's wedding is in December! If I could get 10 pounds of the 50 I would like to see gone, I would be thrilled! I understand your pain! If you would like too add me as a friend!