weigh in?

Options
chelle5555
chelle5555 Posts: 18 Member
Question for all the people that has had such great success, How often did you weigh yourself? I am really trying to only weigh myself once a month, but is extremely hard to stick to.

Replies

• cherilannhall
    cherilannhall Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I try to do it the same day of the week around the same time of day.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily in the morning. I track it in an excel graph with a trend line. This allows me to see monthyl trends and correlations with my hormonal cycle. In some weeks I lose easily, in others not at all --> hormones.

As long as the trend is downwards and my weight is a bit above or below the trendline, I'm happy.

I know some people don't do this because the fluctuations stress them. For me it just keeps me on track and has allowed me to really get to know my body.

What ever works for you is good!
  • chelle5555
    chelle5555 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thats a great idea!
  • PhoenixEve
    PhoenixEve Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself and track my basal body temp every morning on fertilityfriend.com. That way i know when i'm ovulating, and when i'm PMSing, and yes, i retain water and my weight goes up/ plateaus during those phases, but seeing it all on a graph and knowing exactly when those times are make it so i don't panic/question my plan. I look at the overall trend and it's pretty consistent/reliable. :)
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day out of curiosity and to help keep myself focused, with an "official" weekly weigh in.
  • SansyPansy
    SansyPansy Posts: 17
    Options
    I do weekly. I've been told by a lot of my Gym Lover friends that the best plan is:

-Weigh weekly
    -Same day of the week
    -Right after you wake up in the morning AFTER you empty your bladder.

Not sure if this is everyone's way but its helped me in the past. Daily weigh in's discourage me because the water retention throughout can make your numbers all over the place.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I officially weigh myself once per week, but if I've had an off day I will weigh myself the next day to see how it's affected my weight.
    I weigh daily in the morning. I track it in an excel graph with a trend line. This allows me to see monthyl trends and correlations with my hormonal cycle. In some weeks I lose easily, in others not at all --> hormones.

As long as the trend is downwards and my weight is a bit above or below the trendline, I'm happy.

I know some people don't do this because the fluctuations stress them. For me it just keeps me on track and has allowed me to really get to know my body.

What ever works for you is good!

Also, what a great idea! I think I may do this myself too!
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week. I try to do it the same day of the week around the same time of day.

^^^^ this^^^^
  • peniculala
    peniculala Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Research shows that if you are trying to lose weight, weighing every day can keep you on track. If that is too formidable, try once a week to get a sense of how things are going. If you are at your goal weight, depending on your preferences you should weigh yourself once a week or once a month to keep track of how you are doing. If you have no concerns for your weight, weigh yourself once a year. Just remember that daily weighing, while helping you figure out when you are doing well or doing poorly, cannot tell you when your hormones are affecting you, when you've had too much salt, when the weather is warm, or any other such thing. The Mayo clinic suggests you weigh yourself twice a week. Here is an article about it: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/diabetes-blog/MY01294

But, it all depends on how you feel about the scale, I think. If you sabotage yourself if you have a bad weight, weigh yourself less often. I only record my weight when in goes down. I used to do all the time, but it made me feel bad. I still weigh daily, I just don't record it.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day out of curiosity and to help keep myself focused, with an "official" weekly weigh in.
    [/quote

This]
  • mom2dzbnwe
    mom2dzbnwe Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I weigh 700 times a day! Okay, obviously not, but I do weigh (almost) every day and sometimes multiple times during the day. I've been at this for 4 months and had great success. I haven't ever been so discouraged by the scale inexplicably going up that I've thrown in the towel. I'm committed to this, and seeing results on the scale has been helpful! I understand water weight, and fluctuation will occur along with sodium intake and hormone levels...So I do what works for me!
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. It works for me, but I know it doesn't work for everyone. It just helps me have an idea of where I'm at. If I have a big enough loss, I'll record it. I don't record gains, because I know they'll go away in a day or two. I don't have a specific weigh in day for this method.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, but I only record my weight once per week.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Weighing weekly sounded great and I thought it would not let me get "obsessed" but it did not work for me. I have now gone back to daily weighing and things are finally going in the direction they should. So far, the scale has either stayed the same or gone down ever since I've gotten "back on track". To each his own though!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!