I got to be on Good Morning America and CNN.com!!!

Options
raggedyanne5
raggedyanne5 Posts: 27 Member
Thank you MFP community for helping me lose 173 pounds and counting! I am 5'6" and started at 336 pounds. Today I'm 163 pounds and still pushing to get to the healthy BMI weight of 154. Here is the link to the Good Morning America segment that aired last Friday.
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/best-friends-lose-nearly-300-pounds-together-121208275.html?vp=1

And here is the link to the article published on CNN.com.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/24/health/best-friends-weight-loss-irpt

Hoping that these articles help to change some else's life!

Replies

• destiny364us
    destiny364us Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing, great story! Amazing journey you have went through. My starting weight was a few pounds less than yours, but I hope one day to say that I have lost 170lbs. Your story is very inspirational. Thanks
  • Skyetropics
    Skyetropics Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story! It really does help to have friends to motivate and keep you accountable. I am agonizing as we speak over what size I may be for a ball later this year. I am trying hard though and thankful that it is working. Sometimes once we set our minds to something we suprise ourselves and get awesome results as you and your friend did. Women like you are just full of wonderful inspiration for the rest of us. You look so good. :smile:
  • raggedyanne5
    Options
    Destiny I will be on the lookout for your 170 loss posting here in the message boards!! 1 pound at a time,all the way down girl!!!
  • raggedyanne5
    Options
    Skyetropics you better post pics of you in that gown for us to all celebrate your success! Those non scale victories are so sweet!
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have done an amazing job!!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    "Their husbands always told them they were beautiful, no matter how big they got."

You are truly blessed in this respect. Not all of us get this. Not that I have a husband, mind you...
  • raggedyanne5
    Options
    Thank you msjames!! And thebitslinger my husband is like that movie "Shallow Hal". He sees what's on the inside of everybody.
  • Tiznonay
    Tiznonay Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Just watched the video, wow, that's so cool! Congrats on your success!

That's so crazy you got to be on TV! I love your accent, lol :wink:
  • trixietime
    Options
    Congrats!! I love love the success stories! Your story is wonderful.. thanks for sharing it.
  • raggedyanne5
    Options
    Tiznonay I wondered if they might have to use subtitles for me like on "moonshiners" and "duck dynasty" and such!!!
  • jennyann117
    jennyann117 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    awesome story! congrats to you both :)
  • pinme13
    pinme13 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Amazing inspirational story. Congratulations to you both!
  • suzend
    suzend Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I couldn't get to the video but read the CNN article!! Truly inspiring. The two of you look like totally different people. You both should be very, very proud of yourselves. It's terrific you had and have each other.
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    what a nice story. I don't have any "real life" friends on this journey with me but I do have a friend who lost weight and is maintaining. She started with the little things like give up regular soda etc. and thats how I really started. So I can get encouragement from her but it would be nice to have a buddy doing this with me. Kudos for your loss and your friend's loss as well.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Bravo!!! Great job!
  • joy492
    joy492 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulation! Wonderful story (looked at your GMA link). Please congratulate your friend on her success too.
  • Nsmurphy
    Nsmurphy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wooowwwww !!!! You look AMAZING !!! You gals are so inspiring !!!!! And how cool you guys were on TV !! Keep up the great work !! Thank you for sharing !!
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! i actually read your story a few weeks ao. I always go on CNN to read their weekly weight loss stories. You look awesome! Ive been thinking i want to submit my story to them when i'm at goal too :)
  • mommyjeni
    mommyjeni Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for posting! Truly inspiring story! As a Navy wife it's so awesome to see others coming together and doing it! It makes me feel like "well if she can do it, I can do it." Putting in a work out video RIGHT NOW.
  • Jeivette
    Jeivette Posts: 4
    Options
    Woohoooooo!!! Now thats what Im talking about! Congratulations, Im truly inspired by your story and if you did it, I CAN DO IT TOO !!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!