FIT & FAB in my FORTIES! (ISO friends/followers for support)

Options
Hello everyone!

I am a 44year old mother of three living in Washington DC. Starting a serious journey to loose 45lbs before my 45th birthday, next May. To get my body in a place of strength as well as for my heart etc.

I would love to connect with others who are in or have been through a similar journey. Getting back into health & fitness for myself as well as creating a better whole food/clean eating environment for my whole family. Overall we are very healthy, eat well and stay active.

Adding my own personal journey to the mix is something I have struggled with in the past but am learning to embrace fully now as I am in my mid forties and have the strong desire to be top notch by the time I hit 45. I love my curvy body right now the way it is...But I need to make it better for ME!

Follow me for support, encouragement and friendship both ways. :)

~Sheila

Replies

• jeniffer0317
    Options
    i am 42 and noticed since i hit 40 i am struggling to not gain weight, If I am not very careful of what I eat i gain, its been 20 pounds in 2 years. i used to be able to make small changes and drop 15 lbs like that. UGGHH.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I hit 40 a few months ago, Age 39 I was 189lbs, smoking, bad diet, no exercise. I didnt want to come into my 40s like that, Now i am at 132 lbs, not smoking, diet is much better, I exercise for at least 90 mins 5 nights a week. I feel so much better in my 40s than i did in my 20s!
  • lorrainewright66
    Options
    Hello Sheila
    I am :happy: :wink: 47 mother of one (14) living in central Scotland ,braveheart country
    I need to loose loads but hoping to loose couple of stone by xmas ,that's my first goal!!!
    I don't want to be super slim but just fitter and healthy
    Just back from a family holiday in Cyprus and next year want to wear a nice bathing suit or bikini!!!
    day 2 of eating healthy and not so bad need to get more active as well get the bike out of the shed

would love to keep in touch and we can journey and support each other together

Lorraine
  • griseldaCA68
    griseldaCA68 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 45 yrs, old mother of 2. I am knew to the site myself and I like most have struggled with weight loss for as long as I can remember. I don't know what clicked this year but I've enough. I have lost close to 20 lbs. from 200 lbs. (ridiculous, last time I was that heavy I was pregnant) and I already feel much better, my clothes fit better and I have more energy. I just started using the Fitbit Flex and it helps me stay motivated, we all need something or someone or both. Thankfully my husband is on the bandwagon with me and we have together made some life style changes. We don't eat out as much, and when we do try to make better choices. We never eat fast food but we enjoy ethnic food and we don't even know what is hiding behind all that flavor so it is a process.

So yes, please add me and lets stay in touch and get on with it. **smiles**
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I am almost 45 years old and a father of 2. I have seriously started to loose some weight this year as I feel I also need to get into better shape for our kids sake. I sent a friend request.
  • Ether1227
    Ether1227 Posts: 7
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am 39 and a mother to 4 children. My goal is to be the healthiest I can be before I turn 40 (next year)
  • GoddezzSheila69
    Options
    Thanks for the replies and making me feel welcome and SO NOT alone! :)

If anyone is in the immediate Washington DC/Metro area I would love to get to know you.

~Sheila:happy:
  • GoddezzSheila69
    Options
    Also happy to have some new friends in here as well. Have a fantastic Hump Day everyone!

:flowerforyou:
  • daswo
    daswo Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm not in the DC area, but I am 45! I've been working hard to eat healthy, exercise and lose weight so that I do not have to take BP meds. Feel free to add me. :)
  • cxdyer
    cxdyer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm 47, have 3 kids and looking to lose close to 40 pounds. I'm down 6 of it so far. I'll send a friend request.
  • Becca1637
    Becca1637 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

It seems like once I hit 40, the metabolism said to hell with me so its been a struggle keeping weight off, especially since ihave a herniated disc that is progressively getting worse and making my old ways of working out impossible. I used to walk 6 miles a day. :( Feel free to add me. Motivation and support are key, along with being honest and logging what you eat.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Always looking to add friends in the Fab Forties! I am here daily and try to keep it light :)
  • jerseygirlmaggie
    jerseygirlmaggie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Love to have friends who are in their Fab Forties who can relate!! Feel free to add me too!
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Follow me for support, encouragement and friendship both ways. :)

The Force is strong in this one.
  • FriscoChet
    FriscoChet Posts: 57
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend as I think you have a great goal and timeframe. It is always good to share the journey with others who have similar challenges. I have been committed to loosing weight and working out on a regular basis. I have family in DC, but I am located in the Southwest. Stay cool in this weather! Either way, good luck and you WILL achieve your goal, step by step.
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! I will be 41 in October and have 25 lbs. to lose to get to my happy weight. I have 2 busy kids and work full time so it's hard to prioritize but I decided that I want to be happy and healthy for myself and my kids and so I am making it a priority. I am currently running about 3 times a week and just started the Focus T25 DVD's on Monday.

I want to be FIT and FAB in my FORTIES!!!