I feel like the life has been sucked out of me...

Options
I barely have the energy to do daily stuff, much less exercise. This has just rescently come on. Do I push through this and still try and exercise or do I rest for a while and continue to eat healthy.....

Replies

• millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food log, and I don't think you're getting enough nutrients. Much of your diet is pre-made, processed food, with too much fat and sodium. Also too many sweets and sugary treats. I recommend you stay away from hot dogs and white bread. Go for wheat bread, lean meats like chicken breasts or turkey, brown rice, etc. You don't seem to eat many fruits or veggies. As a result, while you're eating your calories every day, you may be malnourished. This can cause your fatigue. Try to clean up your diet by adding in unprocessed foods, fruits and veggies, and you should see an improvement in your energy levels within a few weeks. Good luck!
  • mrslaxton
    mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I agree; Talk to your doc. I feel that way my iron levels are low.
  • lynngottschalk
    lynngottschalk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard "You are what you eat?" Packaged, processed food is is digested by machines before you eat it. It has had the nutritioon sucked out of it aLready. Had the life sucked out of it. Sound like you feel? Try making a change to healthy eating & living instead of garbage-in-garbage-out living. It has to happen at the grocwry store. Don't even bring the junk home. Walk the outside edges of the grocery and buy fresh, whole, live foods if you want to feel like a fresh, live, whole person. Eliminate barriers to healthy eating. For example, if you don't snack on fruits and veggies because of the preparation time, then buy a tray of cleaned & cut up veggies and one of fruit each week. They seem to cost a little more ($15) but there is no waste and it is ready to eat. Frozen fruits and vegetables are flash frozen with the nutrients still in. I keep many bags of different kinds of fruits and vegetables in the freezer at all times and micro to eat plain, put in salads, at to an omlette, or put in smoothies. Buy baby carrots already cleaned and spinach clean in a bag. You can do this and it will be worth it cause you will feel better and stronger every day that you put good food in your body. You deserve it! Good Luck!!
  • cutmd
    cutmd Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I agree. This is how I feel when I am not eating well, which I'm particularly sensitive to when I'm active. People wonder at how much fruits and veggies I eat, and ask if I'm vegetarian, but it's because I feel like crap when I don't eat those foods, and especially when I eat the processed stuff as well. So unless you're having other symptoms, I would suggest adding a multivitamin, increasing your water, increasing fruits and veggies and avoiding processed foods like the plague they are :flowerforyou:
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I agree with everyone else - make some positive dietary adjustments and if you still feel terrible in a week, then see your doctor to check there's no underlying ill-health. It does sound like it's your diet though - I hope you fell better soon.:smile: