I am under calories, over protein and sugar.

Options
What are some ideas for calorie packed meals I can eat that are low in protein, fat, and sugar? I ate hardboiled eggs, avocados, and almonds today and I'm over on fat and protein. I had a homemade fruit smoothie for breakfast and I'm over on sugar. I'm still somehow under by 232 calories.

Thoughts? Too much sugar and protein make you bulk, too.

Replies

• Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Based on MFP standards on the "guided path", going over on protein is actually a good thing. You may want to customize your settings. Sugar, in general, is not an issue as long as you are working out, don't have any sugar-related medical issues, and are obtaining them mainly from fruits, veggies, etc.
  • melifairy
    melifairy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through my day and I'm already way over my sugar and protein "MFP goal" as well. Even though I got most of the sugars from fruit... hmm... I hope this doesn't screw anything up. Does anyone else know anything about this?
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    If you haven't manually adjusted your macros (carbs, fat, protein) it's not a big deal if you've gone over on protein because the MFP default is already pretty low. Sugar is not as big of a deal unless you are diabetic or have other issues with insulin resistance. A surplus of either one of them will NOT make you "bulk."
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    As others have said, going over your protein given by MFP is a good thing, they set it really low. A good rule of thumb is to aim for 1g protein per 1 lb. lean body mass. As for the sugar goal, I never even bother looking at it since they give you a super low number for that too, end up hitting and surpassing that goal after a piece of fruit or two.
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    A surplus of either one of them will NOT make you "bulk."

^^THIS.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I am halfway through my day and I'm already way over my sugar and protein "MFP goal" as well. Even though I got most of the sugars from fruit... hmm... I hope this doesn't screw anything up. Does anyone else know anything about this?
    Based on MFP standards on the "guided path", going over on protein is actually a good thing. You may want to customize your settings. Sugar, in general, is not an issue as long as you are working out, don't have any sugar-related medical issues, and are obtaining them mainly from fruits, veggies, etc.
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thoughts? Too much sugar and protein make you bulk, too.

Wow, I somehow missed this part of the original post. No, neither of those make you bulk...seriously...