How much weight Do I need to lose? *WITH PICS*

Options
Im 5"3 to 5"4. Im 154 pounds. I dont really know exactly how much weight I need to lose so I was hoping you guys can help me out by looking at my pictures. Hopefully this will work.

DSC05718_zpsa6fa2575.jpg

DSC05721_zpsf0cf38cc.jpg

DSC05716_zps2ae831ae.jpg

DSC05717_zps93ade961.jpg

DSC05720_zpse47175e1.jpg

Replies

• pepperpotts1012
    pepperpotts1012 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm also 5'3" and if you look at your BMI, a healthy weight is anywhere from 106-144 I believe. However, 106 seems RIDICULOUS to me.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    117-140 is the ideal weight range for someone who is your height. You can always check with your doctor to see what they say about what is best for you. Good luck!
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You don't need to lose any, you may want to lose some. No one can tell you how much to lose from a photo. If you want to lose, get started and then stop when you like the way you look or feel.
  • ctraugh
    ctraugh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you really don't need to loose any, if you want tone up, exercise and get some nice long lean muscle tone.

Just my 2 cents
  • SomewhatCool
    Options
    I'm the same weight and height as you currently! I want to get down to about 130 at first, then 120 or 115 after that perhaps.
  • FriendsR4EverTreasures
    Options
    None! build some muscle and sculpt, you will lose inches which is way better than trying to lose weight!
  • chadraeder3
    chadraeder3 Posts: 288
    Options
    Your body look plenty healthy to me. Personally I don't think you "need" to loose any weight. If you want to look more athletic toning can get that done or even some weight training.

Someone mentioned BMI and that is the current standard for weight classification but remember that standard was created in the 1800's and in my opinion needs to be updated for current man. If you believe the BMI then actors Brad Pitt, Matt Daemon, and George Clooney are all overweight (reference http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/defence/8538956/BMI-explained-the-imperfect-index-that-claims-Brad-Pitt-is-overweight.html) If you want some more thoughts on the BMI I would suggest looking up Penn & Teller's BS on the BMI they have people on both sides and make up your own mind.

That is your body please make any decisions because you want to not because some other person or group of people says you should. In this increasingly unfree world the only true thing you own is your body.
  • chatondoux
    chatondoux Posts: 38
    Options
    You don't need to lose any, you may want to lose some. No one can tell you how much to lose from a photo. If you want to lose, get started and then stop when you like the way you look or feel.

^^ Agreed :)

Personally I don't think you need to lose any, I think you look great! But go with what you feel.. not what someone else feels. Who cares what other people think about your body? It's YOUR body. Do it for you if you feel like you need to :)
  • MaepleT95
    MaepleT95 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    It really depends on how YOU want to look, I'm an inch or so taller than you and I weigh 115 lbs. If I were you I'd aim for 110, but then again it depends on what you want.
  • rosemaryhon
    rosemaryhon Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and feel I looked good at around 130. But you have to take into consideration body type too.

Good luck!
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    A) Eat at a small deficit for now.
    B) Strength train. Lift weights if you can; if you're like me and you can't afford a gym membership or proper equipment, bodyweight exercises can be just as effective.
    C) Have fun. Seriously. Exercise, eat, and enjoy your life. Don't stress over the number on the scale; take pictures, take measurements, and focus on being healthier, not thinner.
  • youcantfoolme
    youcantfoolme Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    115 seems about right. Continue toning as you go (not that you really need to).
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    I'd check your BMI first and see where you're at, then identify what areas you'd like to improve on and go from there. Cardio, sculpt and eat right, you'll be there in no time!
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Depends on your goals.
    I think aiming for a certain bodyfat % is preferable, or just stopping losing once you like what you see in the mirror.
    I, personally, would ballpark around 120 If not intending on doing weight training, and a bit higher to allow for muscle if you want to get into weights.
  • shannyfro1
    shannyfro1 Posts: 41
    Options
    I think you look perfect! :)
  • Humanovation
    Humanovation Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Get down to at least 120 ;-)
  • ChelleyCredible
    ChelleyCredible Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what look you are going for. In the end this is your body and your decision. Never go by the BMI calculator. All people have different size hips, chests, length of arms/legs....plus some of the weight might actually be muscle weight. So that calculator isn't accurate to go by.

In personal opinion, maybe 5-10 lbs might work out for you.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I agree with checking out your body fat. At 5'3 and 154lbs, I was 34% body fat - obese on the charts. But I looked completely normal! My goal body fat is 25% right now. We'll see how I feel about it when I get there :)
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and I am aiming for 131.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    BMI is a stupid measurement IMO it totally doesn't work for around 20% of the population measuring them as obese even though they have a good LM-BF ratio. And worse it will put some people at a healthy range when they carry a high amount of BF.

I had this opinion before reading anyone elses. First off it's up to you how much to a large degree. I would say no lower than 140 though. It looks like you are very large framed from the pic see if your wrist is over 6 inches around if so you are large framed. And in addition to that you look muscular without even being in an exercise program (guessing here). This is also just my opinion for now, since I haven't read about enough research on this yet. I think that people who are muscular and/or large framed should carry less body fat. The reason I think that is your heart doesn't care about where the weight comes from. Being active will make your heart work better, but the extra fat is still going to be an unnecessary strain. I am going to go for 20% or lower even though at my age they say being higher is ok. My daughter is going for 18% she is also very large framed and has lots of muscle weight. So, maybe aim at that neighborhood 18-20% even though 25 is generally healthy for average framed people.

ETA I think that you don't look like you need to lose weight.