FIber One 90 Calorie Desserts

Options
Sooooo not worth it. They are tiny, gone in a second, and just not filling at all!

Replies

• buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    true that!
  • Rafen86
    Rafen86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them for my snack times during my workday and I do have to agree that don't satisfy. I have actually started on the Fiber One Chewy bars. The do the trick.
  • NOTLUPUS
    NOTLUPUS Posts: 32
    Options
    The general idea is that they are "desserts" which means they are a treat on top of your meal, they don't offer any nutritional value. I do agree however that the cost vs servings per box is terrible. I recommend keeping one (single / uno) bag of snack size candy bars around, of the healthiest thing you can find. I've found on average usually one bar is 90 calories. I keep mine out of sight and out of mind ( mine are down in the basement ) this way if I want one, I need to go downstairs and find the bag and come back up the stairs with one. Its all about willpower.
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I eat these as a treat. I nibble, nibble, nibble. It can take me a half hour to eat one if I'm slow enough. The lemon ones are very tasty and while not filling, they take the "edge" off. Someone mentioned the chewy ones. I will have to try those. Then I can chew, chew, chew.
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have found that any type of "bar" snacks do nothing for me other than add calories to an already-quite-low calorie limit. To me, they are like expensive candy bars. In no way do I find them satisfying. A piece of fruit is more filling and, in all likelihood, more nutritious. Plus, they are designed to be quite delicious -- and I'll eat the whole box at one sitting!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah they're really not filling for what you get. They're nice if you have a craving though.
  • sdesmond2
    sdesmond2 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    When I have PMS and the cravings for chocolate hit, I find the 90 cal brownie hits the spot.

Fruit has become my "dessert" or "treat", especially frozen grapes and strawberries.
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them as an after meal snack because I love chocolate. Unfortuantely, there is something in them that gives me serious stomach problems. Same thing with regular Fiber One Bars, Vita Tops, etc. It seems like anything that has some "added fiber" makes me feel like my stomach is in knots, and it is just not good. It's a shame because I liked them. :(
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    i like them for when I work, as it helps me avoid the cookies, cake, pies and candy that is always around. 90 calorie brownies that are portion controlled. Works for me!
  • jasoncbackus
    jasoncbackus Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I agree, so I eat four at a time.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    They work for me, I eat one every evening with a cup of hot green tea.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Fiber one? Not even once, Ben and Jerry's cake batter? Now we're talking!
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    me rsonally I love them but I have them after a good meal as a dessert cuz I have a horable sweet tooth and always want something chocolate and or sweet after a meal. and it's a treat not an all time thing
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Yes, admittedly I eat these frequently to satisfy my chocolate craving (in lieu of opening a huge bag of peanut M & M's and trying to control myself. Not gonna happen).
  • A_Fit_Mom
    A_Fit_Mom Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I love the fiber one brownies. The new coffee and lemon ones are great. I eat one everyday for breakfast as a side item with what I am eating. So they work for me. :)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I love them and hate to be without, I buy them at big lots 24 for $5:smile:
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the chocolate brownies. I used it to combat cravings. It keeps me filled enough though so I guess that's good.
  • BluejayNY
    BluejayNY Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I agree! Give me a double chocolate shinny cow ice cream sandwich for 150 any day.

I'd rather save my calories and eat a real brownie than those!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One brownies....not as good as a real fudgy brownie, but pretty tasty anyway. And I agree about Skinny Cow sandwiches...yum. I would eat those even if I wasn't watching calories, they just taste good.