Need help with NO SNACKS OR DESSERTS TOMORROW

Options
Going to try it for one day..

even though it needs to be an all the time thing.

No snacking or desserts tomorrow.

Advice on how I'm gonna manage this? Or to push through cravings?

Replies

• Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first of many to ask, why no desserts or snacks??? Are you going to NEVER have a dessert or snack again? Start learning NOW how you want to eat for the rest of your life. Look at the food diaries of those who are successful on here and the majority of them/us eat desserts and snacks everyday. We just fit them into our calorie allotment. You can too! :happy:
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Let me be the first of many to ask, why no desserts or snacks??? Are you going to NEVER have a dessert or snack again? Start learning NOW how you want to eat for the rest of your life. Look at the food diaries of those who are successful on here and the majority of them/us eat desserts and snacks everyday. We just fit them into our calorie allotment. You can too! :happy:

i agree with you a little bit..... i personally had to give up sweets cold turkey and maybe that is what op is trying to do. and another question, what makes a person successful on here???
  • Gigsluvscw
    Gigsluvscw Posts: 139 Member
    Options

i agree with you a little bit..... i personally had to give up sweets cold turkey and maybe that is what op is trying to do. and another question, what makes a person successful on here???

Giving up sweets was what works for you. Everyone is different. To me, being successful is finding a balance (of food and exercise) that you can live and be happy with and can maintain and become healthier (whether that's losing, gaining, or maintaining your weight) in the process. I'm just letting the OP know she doesn't have to give up the foods she loves if she learns how to find the balance that works for her.
  • janiner79
    janiner79 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Snacking is good! (at least good, healthy snacks) you should feel comfortable all day and eat small amounts. Portion control is very important :)
  • Chelz2013
    Chelz2013 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I agree with Gigs that I make room in my calories for snacks/sweets. :)

Now if you're saying you snack on chips, cookies and candy all day, then plan ahead with healthier snacks and portion control.

Fruit, veggies, carrots and hummus, fruit and yogurt or cottage cheese, no sugar added pudding cups, handful of almonds, string cheese, fudgesicles, etc. and always drink a big glass of water to help fill you up.
  • rwooten666
    rwooten666 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Like a pp, I don't know your motivation for wanting to give up sweets, but can understand as that can help some - but snacks? It really is so good for you to break down your meals into smaller, more snack-like meals when possible. I seriously eat every two hours, partially because I'm pregnant, but also because it helps your metabolism and can give you a great little boost. I tote freeze dried fruit (and often fresh fruit) with me everywhere.
    The best thing I could think of to lay off the sweets IS to snack, but make it work for you. Pick healthy options instead of "junk food" and have them READILY AVAILABLE (believe me, if you have to seek them out that can kill your motivation in a moment of weakness - have it already sitting out/ready to go). Best of luck!
  • pomegranatez
    pomegranatez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don't go without snacks or dessert, just make healthier ones. For example, snacks could be yummy crisp apples, refreshing celery, shiny pomegranates, or other healthy things. And for dessert, make a watermelon juice popsicle, frozen fruit (bananas on a stick are delicious), etc. Healthy snacking is good!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bacon will help you.

Or pop tarts.

Or ice cream.

If they fit, they are meant to be eaten. imho
  • dnunny70
    dnunny70 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Bacon will help you.

Or pop tarts.

Or ice cream.

I had poptarts the other day...it was trigger...I then ate a bunch of cookies that my son made. The next day, I had one cookie...no poptart. I think that I can't tolerate that kind of food...haven't proven my theory. I also try to not eat donuts, cupcakes. I find that I get tired and hungrier when I eat them. Doesn't mean I don't. If there were cupcakes or fruit....I'd more than likely reach for the fruit.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Bacon will help you.

Or pop tarts.

Or ice cream.

I had poptarts the other day...it was trigger...I then ate a bunch of cookies that my son made. The next day, I had one cookie...no poptart. I think that I can't tolerate that kind of food...haven't proven my theory. I also try to not eat donuts, cupcakes. I find that I get tired and hungrier when I eat them. Doesn't mean I don't. If there were cupcakes or fruit....I'd more than likely reach for the fruit.

I usually go for meat. But I love all the foodz.

ETA: I make all the food fit. ALWAYS.
  • KJW1974
    KJW1974 Posts: 4
    Options
    I just started dieting again 2 days ago & snacks have always been my downfall. I don't know if this will help you or not but I save a few calories each day just for snacks (I just eat less calories for meals, usually around 300 calories per meal). By doing this I am able to have watermelon, grapes, and even one of the Fiber One protein bars once a day without going over my allowed calories for the day. I really like the coconut almond bars because they do have chocolate on them & I feel like I'm eating a candy bar but still not getting as many calories (they are 140 calories, yes a little high but not as much as a candy bar). If fruit isn't something you can eat & feel like you've had a good snack maybe one of those would be the way to go?
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Really? It's just one day. I think you can handle it. One can do almost anything for a short period of time.
  • cnr0905
    cnr0905 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    this seems like it got off the subject, she was simply looking for motivation to not have desserts and from what i read..... she aint got no support. so much for motivational posts like .....good for u......u can do it......go getm tiger.......just say no to the twinkie......more like dont give up snacks......wtf???