New (And scared.)

Options
Hi, my name is Hayley. So, today, I weighed in at 210 pounds.

Honestly, I'm a little heartbroken. I'm 5'3", 21 years old, and as stated 210 pounds. My goal weight is 130 pounds, or whatever is healthiest once I get close to my goal weight.

I'm nervous about tracking my calories, as I'm used to 2,000-2,500 calories a day, but I'm going to AIM to slowly lower them until I meet my goal.

I've recently started the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution workouts, and I'd LOVE for someone to go through that journey with. I'd also really like to make friends here in general. :)

Replies

• TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I dont do that workout but i will gladly be ur friend:smile::flowerforyou:
  • hayles333
    hayles333 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley -- I'm also Hayley (even spelled the same)!

I'm 5'4"...started here in January at around 174 pounds and have lost almost 50 pounds since then. You can totally do this -- and you don't even need to cut that many calories (I eat around 1800 calories per day and am still losing).

Happy to support you in whatever way I can!
  • badmoose
    badmoose Posts: 25
    Options
    I didn't think much of the idea of tracking calories at first either, but you might surprise yourself. For me, it almost becomes a game. It's like a daily puzzle, seeing how you can make the pieces fit without sacrificing too much.
  • Kash4Life
    Kash4Life Posts: 48
    Options
    Hi Hayley
    Welcome to MFP . take it one day at a time . Feel free to add me :-)
  • sammygiiirl
    Options
    Okay. I totally know what that feels like. I weighed in last Sunday at 254 pounds. I'm 5'2". oh gosh.

I'm part of a group of girls that get together, workout and keep track of each others' eating habits. I know that it's hard to do it by yourself, but when you have someone helping you, it just gets so much easier. I would love to be that friend for you. :)

Sammy
  • Hitesc
    Hitesc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! I started to eat healthier and working out every day since may 31st, it's july 17th today and Ive lost 17 pounds! Don't worry about the calorie count, honestly, I feel normal eating around 1700 calories a day and not too full or too hungry, It's a bit different for you since you are a female (calorie intake wise) but im sure you will do good
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can do this!!! Add me if you like. One day at a time is all it takes.
  • jgarrett731
    jgarrett731 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley! Feel free to add me. I'm trying to lose 50lbs and log in daily so you can see my food diary and exercises if you want some ideas. Don't be scared! Be excited! :)
  • jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Lots of tools and helpful opinions on here; feel free to use any of them. It works if you are committed to make it work...and don't expect immediate miracles!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Log everything you eat. So proud of you.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Dont be afraid you can do this feel free to add :) best wishes
  • hannah_ryann
    hannah_ryann Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Joining MFP and choosing to start this journey is the scariest part of the whole thing. I'm Hannah, I'm 22, and 5'3. I started MFP at 190 pounds and i've lost 20 so far. Feel free to add me; I'm really active on here and my diary is open. :)
  • VeganAmandaJ
    VeganAmandaJ Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Look at my profile and see my post where I into myself. I have about 100 lbs to lose, it seems daunting but looking at success stories really helps! Feel free to add me as a friend. I'll be happy to lend and receive support!

Oh and I'm Amanda 5'7, 284, 30 yrs old.
  • fallingken
    fallingken Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One day at a time Hayley, it is not that hard to do, just be honest with yourself and record it like you eat it. It seems daunting to start, but gets easier as you go along. I am hardly deprived, if it fits your your allotted calorie space, a little won't hurt. Lots of supportive people here who want to see you succeed
  • bizdiva55
    bizdiva55 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Hayley. Hey I understand you being scared. You can do this. Don't give up. 80 lbs is what I've lost so far and if I can do it, you can too. That workout is really good. It's a little too much or me right now but hopefully someone will respond and do it with you. God luck and God bless!
  • 13ftw67
    13ftw67 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    They say acceptance is the key and having the courage to take action is the path. You are on the right road. I didn't like how I looked or felt as a 245lb 5'6" man so a coworker turned me on to MFP. Already down 11lbs and wearing a size smaller jeans from just inputting the data and educating myself on label reading and using basic discipline. Remember the journey to a 1000 miles starts with a single step and a whole lot of *****in.
    I have already seen the women flocking to your side to help you along. we are a community that encourages each other towards a common goal. I recently felt like I was on an island doing this by myself and I also asked for friends and guess what they came out in droves. Keep pushing forward and take it in small increments. I try to reduce down to the next 9 in my weight I am 231.5lbs and my goal is 229 after that the goal will be 219 and then 209 and then 199 and then 189 etc. That is attainable for me.
  • Aliviuum
    Aliviuum Posts: 67
    Options
    You got this :) Feel free to add me if you like.
  • jkocses
    jkocses Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley! I'm not new to myfitnesspal, but I am new to posting on the message board. I was so afraid too, but honestly with this it is so easy. It might seem daunting to log everything you eat at first, but after a while it becomes a habit, where you don't even realize you're doing it. It takes 2 seconds, especially after it remembers what you eat the most. Believe it or not, we eat many of the same foods often. As for advice, I would recommend protein in the morning/after you work out because it keeps me full longer. I wish you the best in your journey. You can do it!!
  • nerdfitquest
    nerdfitquest Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You got this! Don't be to scared, we all have to start somewhere. Always open to new buddies add me!
  • IceyBaby96
    IceyBaby96 Posts: 36
    Options
    You go girl! You can do it! Feel free to add me :)