Womens Sketchers vrs all the others out there

Options
Just want feed back from people who have Sketchers, Reebokes, New Balance or whatever else is out there. I have a pair of Sketchers and have been wearing them now for 3 weeks. I do wear them 10 hours a day with only sitting for half a hour. I work out in them too. I dont feel a difference. I do find them very comfortable though. Thinking of trying a different brand but not sure.

Replies

• MLgarcia3
    Options
    I LOOOVE my reebok easy tones! I can always feel them working my calves and booty when I'm walking! I actually just got back from a walk and my glutes are burning :-) I've had them for a over month and have seen a big difference in my muscle tone :-)
  • Dancerten
    Dancerten Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have the sketchers too, and I don't notice a difference. But I didn't get mine to build or tone muscle. I just got them because I'm on my feet all day at work (on concrete floors) and they are super comfortable.
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    I have been using the Sketchers shape ups. I dont use them every day but I have used them about ten hours in two months. They arent that comfortable and they dont seem to help; maybe I am too quick to judge. I dont look at the backs of my legs or buttocks every day!
  • dmmarie21
    dmmarie21 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I have the shape ups. Since it's been summer time, I have just been wearing flip flops, but, I did wear them the first day that I got them (all around for about 8 hours) I didn't feel any different. I did, however, go into the walking company (shoe store), after I bought the sketchers. I have been wanting to buy a pair of the MBT (the original, more expensive version). I decided not to since they are so expensive, but, I probably should have. when I went in there, I walked around in my sketchers (in front of the salesman) and he said that I was pronating (walking inward), which I do often. I put on the MBT's and it completely stopped. It was amazing actually. I think that I may go back and buy them, I just have a hard time justifiying 250 or more for a pair of shoes. I asked the salesman why this was happening, and he basically showed me the inside of the MBT and how it was made. It clearly is made 100 percent better than the shape ups. It is totally more supportive. He said the shape ups are less stable because they are made from a softer foam, causing pronation (in my case). Anyway, I hope that helps :)
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    i have the shape ups and felt a bit of pulled muscles the first day or so. i can't use them for running so mostly i use them if i will be walking around a lot. they do make you walk different and your posture is much better wearing them too i like them but i think they look goofy with shorts/capris and since its so hot now, i am saving them for fall/winter. i do like how tall they make me:)

i would be interested in the reebok ones, i like the look of them much better than the shape ups.
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    I have the shape ups. Since it's been summer time, I have just been wearing flip flops, but, I did wear them the first day that I got them (all around for about 8 hours) I didn't feel any different. I did, however, go into the walking company (shoe store), after I bought the sketchers. I have been wanting to buy a pair of the MBT (the original, more expensive version). I decided not to since they are so expensive, but, I probably should have. when I went in there, I walked around in my sketchers (in front of the salesman) and he said that I was pronating (walking inward), which I do often. I put on the MBT's and it completely stopped. It was amazing actually. I think that I may go back and buy them, I just have a hard time justifiying 250 or more for a pair of shoes. I asked the salesman why this was happening, and he basically showed me the inside of the MBT and how it was made. It clearly is made 100 percent better than the shape ups. It is totally more supportive. He said the shape ups are less stable because they are made from a softer foam, causing pronation (in my case). Anyway, I hope that helps :)
    Ive had a problem all my life with walking in on my arches, it seems to be worse with the Shape Ups. I have really narrow feet and have to tie these super tight. The more I walk and they loosen the worse the pronating is.
  • sissytx
    Options
    I have found that the Shape ups hurt my hip. They are very comfy. I just gave mine away to my workout buddy. I do have the shape-up flip flops and I love them. Most comfy flip flops I have ever worn.
  • Swoopette
    Swoopette Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I have the sketchers too, and I don't notice a difference. But I didn't get mine to build or tone muscle. I just got them because I'm on my feet all day at work (on concrete floors) and they are super comfortable.

Ya I am on concrete floors all day too. Moving here and there all the time. I dont feel a difference at all either but they are really comfortable I agree with you there. Thanks for the advice. Think I might try the reeboks next. But will have to wear these down a bit more at 135.00 a pair I want more use out of them
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I have the shape ups-comfy as ever for someone on their feet all the time. Trimming the olds backside, not too sure...
  • MLgarcia3
    Options
    the reeboks are very comfortable as well.. and look more like a regular sneaker..
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :smile: Hi

I bought some Sketchers shape ups and not sure if they are doing me any good or not to be honest. (They were very expensive) As I am trying to lose weight anyway not sure if these have helped. They are a bit narrow for me feet in socks, but fine when I wear tights.

I think they make me walk "funny" I feel as if my feet are rolling inwards if you know what I mean. I've not worn them for a few weeks, but now I remember how expensive they are I'll start wearing them again. I've also found that I can't rush in them I used to wear them on my way to work, but couldn't walk fast enough (I'm always late!) :bigsmile:

They are fine if I'm going for a stroll that's about all. My friend has a pair of MB something or other and she really likes them :smile:
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have the Shoes for Crews Stay Fits. Super comfy, with arch support like I haven't had in years. (Oh, and way cheaper than any of the other brands that I wouldn't be able to wear at work!) I don't think my thighs or butt are getting smaller, but my hubby has noticed a difference in firmness and perkiness. I don't think they can really do very much good unless you practically live in them like I do.