ouchie!!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
I think I need to take a trip to the chiropracter. I felt almost a pinching where my neck meets my shoulder, its only on one side. Its not a crippling pain by any means and I can still lift fine, I was wondering if it could be serious or perhaps just tension, anypne have any advice?????

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    I think I need to take a trip to the chiropracter. I felt almost a pinching where my neck meets my shoulder, its only on one side. Its not a crippling pain by any means and I can still lift fine, I was wondering if it could be serious or perhaps just tension, anypne have any advice?????
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my neck bothers me, I sleep without a pillow. Somehow that seems to help and get my neck feeling better. And the reason my neck even bothers me off and on is BECAUSE a chiropractor screwed it up! She even admitted it and treated me for free for awhile afterwards. I went to her for a sore back, but she twisted my neck when I wasn't "loose" and REALLY hurt me! Still bothers me off and on. I sure wish I'd NEVER gone to a chiro in the first place!
  • FitJoani
    Options
    its right near where it meets my shoulder thats why I was wondering...
  • carrotstick
    Options
    I love my chiro and just have to say that regular doctors malpractice and "mess up" all the time, but it's not publicized. a chiro messing up is extremely rare, but unfortunately takes away from those who really work wonders!

I highly recommend you see the chiro!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I recommend going to the chiropracter, or even getting a deep tissue massage. That sounds to me like you have a pinched nerve (I get those too...) And the my chiro actually recommends me getting deep tissue massages (not that I have a problem with that. haha) Seriously Chiro's are AMAZING. Just go to a reputable one and ask for his/her credentials, make sure they are certified.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when my neck bothers me, I sleep without a pillow. Somehow that seems to help and get my neck feeling better. And the reason my neck even bothers me off and on is BECAUSE a chiropractor screwed it up! She even admitted it and treated me for free for awhile afterwards. I went to her for a sore back, but she twisted my neck when I wasn't "loose" and REALLY hurt me! Still bothers me off and on. I sure wish I'd NEVER gone to a chiro in the first place!

Same here! I will get a "stiff neck" when I've slept wrong. Most of the time - one night flat on my back with no pillow is enough to rectify it. I am SCARED to go to the chiro - too many people tell me they have to keep going once they start - no thanks!

I did find a body pillow (shaped like a "C") when I was preggers with DD # 1 (bought from Babiess 'R Us) - I've slept with that pillow for the past 9 years (yes, NINE years and three babies later - the pillow is still in my bed, lol) and LOVE it. I rarely get neck problems since I've been using that body pillow - it helps keep all your parts aligned, etc.
  • BrenNew
    Options

Same here! I will get a "stiff neck" when I've slept wrong. Most of the time - one night flat on my back with no pillow is enough to rectify it. I am SCARED to go to the chiro - too many people tell me they have to keep going once they start - no thanks!

I did find a body pillow (shaped like a "C") when I was preggers with DD # 1 (bought from Babiess 'R Us) - I've slept with that pillow for the past 9 years (yes, NINE years and three babies later - the pillow is still in my bed, lol) and LOVE it. I rarely get neck problems since I've been using that body pillow - it helps keep all your parts aligned, etc.
  • BrenNew
    Options
    Oops, forgot to type too! :laugh:
    I'm sorry you also had a bad experience with a chiro. I'm sure there are alot of good ones out there, but, I'LL never go to another one and take the chance on getting hurt again!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,786 Member
    Options
    Just my 2 cents here. I think most people who go to a chiropractor need a physical therapist. Most injuries are muscular not skeletal. Best of luck finding out.
  • Fit2btied
    Fit2btied Posts: 486
    Options
    I agree that it is probably muscular. Try stretching your neck away from that shoulder and see if you get any relief. If it's tight, that would be an indicator that it not skeletal...saving you $$$ for the Chiropractor!
  • 2day4ever
    2day4ever Posts: 178
    Options
    Ummm . . . I do have a strong bias AGAINST chiro-quackers so I will say that up front. And I agree with the comment that most people who go to chiropracters really need a physical therapist.

I also want to address the issue of how chiropracters don't mess up. You might find the following link very enlightening:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/?p=152