New to the message Boards :/

Options
Mainosaur
Mainosaur Posts: 23 Member
Hi guys,

I've been using this site on and off for a while now and I just learned that there were message boards and very supportive people. I got internet around the time it was starting to get really big and I have only encountered jerks and trolls, honestly, I was very skeptical about posting anything, but here goes:

I had joined a roller derby team last year and that's when it really hit me how unhealthy I was for my age. Just skating doing laps were making me so tired and exhausted. How was I gonna do this as a sport? I also never made it out of the fresh meat training. There has been a few other (personal) set backs and now I'm more unhealthy than when I first joined. I want to get fit and rejoin!

I also work 3rd shift, any suggestions on how I should do my entries? From when I wake up and go to sleep? Or actually, day to day?
It would be great to make some friends to help get motivated :)

Replies

• auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    There are some really awesome people here, but motivation has to come from within. It can definitely help to see your friends succeeding, but unless you commit to a daily routine, logging your food and challenging yourself, no one else can really help.

I'm not currently in a fitness/logging routine so I probably wouldn't be any help, just here to cheer you on and let you know it only takes a few small changes at a time to result in a big difference as long as you stick to it. Best of luck.

PS - lift weights.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    As per your food entries... it doesn't really matter - it's the total amount you eat that is important, not when. Just change the headings to whatever is comfortable for your waking hours.

Don't give up on getting in to a sport because of a setback. Formulate a solid exercise and diet plan, and start putting in the hours and it will happen.
  • Mainosaur
    Mainosaur Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There are some really awesome people here, but motivation has to come from within. It can definitely help to see your friends succeeding, but unless you commit to a daily routine, logging your food and challenging yourself, no one else can really help.

I'm not currently in a fitness/logging routine so I probably wouldn't be any help, just here to cheer you on and let you know it only takes a few small changes at a time to result in a big difference as long as you stick to it. Best of luck.

PS - lift weights.

Thanks! I should rephrase, not motivation, rather, positive feedback/encouragement.