Going on a girls/drinking holiday -HELP!

Options
I am going to Zante tonight.
So far i've lost 21 pound. Im so worried with me not going to the gym for a full week that it will really effect me. Im not taking any swimsuits with me so swimming isnt an option :(

what can i do to make sure i dont gain weight over this week? thanks :)

Replies

• JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Hi, absolutely trust me on what I am about to say. I just got back from Turkey and I ate and drank at least 6000 calories a day. I got back and found I was 4 pounds heavier. However it takes your body more than a week to actually convert surplus calories into solid fat so just do this.. eat and drink like an animal and then go on a 36 hour fast when you get back. I lost all my that extra weight / waterweight / watervethefukitwasweight straight away.

36 hours fast.. drink nothing but water and eat nothing
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My advice is dont worry about it. i had the same thing a few weeks back when i went to ibiza. i have been eating healthy and lowering body fat. being all inclusive means the food options werent the healthiest but i came back the same weight and hadnt gained any bodyfat.

its good to have a blow out every now and then.

if you are that worried about gaining any weight back then, without sounding rude, why are you going on a drinking/girls holiday??
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    It's a holiday so I say enjoy it.

I think that so long as you are good for most of the time (in the year) the odd blip here and there all balances out in the long run.

Change your MFP goal settings to maintenance and/or just have the time off, be mindful of what you are eating (enjoy treats but don't go totally mental) and just work to repair the damage when you get back.

Remember that it takes approx 3500 calories OVER your maintenance allowance to gain fat.
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about it. Try to have at least one healthy meal per day. Breakfast might be easiest. With the liquor you might want to stay away from really blended, sugary mixes, so vodka with lime or so could be a good choice. Over all I would say have fun, don't stress much but know you will have to work a tad harder when you get back. Only one quest though, why no swimsuit? I hope it isn't because you are not at your goal yet, try for a flattering one. I learned that an important thing is learning to love your body now even as you change it. xx
  • JakeBrownVB
    JakeBrownVB Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    pff if you pay for that holiday and DONT go mental.. then in my opinion you failed the holiday lol.. go nuts seriously and just fast.. start it when you head back to the airport... 2 days of flying/airports/unpacking/facebooking your holiday pics made the time fly so fast I wasnt even hungry
  • jonesftw102
    Options
    pff if you pay for that holiday and DONT go mental.. then in my opinion you failed the holiday lol.. go nuts seriously and just fast.. start it when you head back to the airport... 2 days of flying/airports/unpacking/facebooking your holiday pics made the time fly so fast I wasnt even hungry

hahahah! True! Thanks everyone :)! Its my first girly holiday too! Still DREADING weighing myself when i get home!
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    All girlie/drinking holidays I have been on have involved a lot of dancing, great way to burn off a few cals :)
  • Emily_20x
    Emily_20x Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm away for 10 days with my family and then a drinking holiday for a week two days later. I'm just going to have a good time and just work out once I get home.. a lot! :p hope you enjoy Zante!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    why would you go to Zante without a swimming costume or bikini?
  • jonesftw102
    Options

because i dont feel comfortable wearing one?
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Take your bikini, Get drunk, Enjoy yourself.........Its a holiday!!! Let your hair down.

Then when you come back, get back on it and eat healthy!!!

Lifes too short girl!
  • jackdub1
    jackdub1 Posts: 24
    Options
    i know how you feel im going on one in 3 days and i know theirs gonna be too much eating and drinking :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options

Then take a costume and a sarong. I can promise you that there will be bigger people than you there.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I went on a girls holiday a little more than a year ago and I went with the attitude that I'll just enjoy myself and try to watch what I eat and I drank a fair bit (well lots). We were self-catering so it was easy to buy what we wanted to eat instead but I'd say go all inclusive if you can! Also I think you should take a swim suit just in case you change your mind. I didn't feel comfortable in a swim suit but once you're there you may have the attitude well they're doing it so I can too. Trust me, you'll see bigger people than yourself rocking swim suits! Take a cover up too, that may make you feel more comfortable. I didn't gain weight, I actually think I lost a couple of pounds but don't fret and enjoy yourself! I went on holiday this year but it wasn't a girlie one and only gained 1lb :)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Then take a costume and a sarong. I can promise you that there will be bigger people than you there.

this! that is what sarongs were invented for!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

It's not a fashion parade, it's a holiday!! Jeez girl, with your thinking I wouldn't be able to wear swimwear because I'm old...

I had a week on holiday recently, ate, drank and was very merry.... Of course I gained weight but lost it all again as soon as I got back in my routine. So now I'm left with a tan and some happy memories of a good holiday. Relax and enjoy yourself. :glasses:
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Live your life.
  • kathymhardy
    kathymhardy Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Agree with everyone here. Enjoy Zante, it's a lovely island - have been twice :smile: