Options
Hello, my name is Lisa. I am 41 years old and have never been overweight until I had kids. I gained a lot with my first pregnancy and haven't lost any of it before. My third pregnancy was a miscarriage at 8 months, so I have been a little depressed since then, which was about 3 years ago.

I have started a 1200 calorie a day diet and have gone back to the gym (Planet fitness). I hate to sweat, but my motivation to going to the gym is the tanning and massage beds. :)

I want to lose about 25 pounds by Halloween. After that, I will want to lose another 10-20. I'm excited for what the future holds!

Replies

• Unfairman
    Unfairman Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Go get em, Lisa!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa,

I'm so sorry to hear of your miscarriage and glad you are dedicated to doing something for yourself now. The MFP site has helped so many to become healthier simply by opening our eyes to how many calories some foods have. If you adhere to their guidelines for daily caloric intake you will lose at a safe, steady rate as you live your normal life. Welcome and I look forward to seeing your future progress.
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,
    I am Susan 52 year old mom to six kiddos and grandmom to 8. I am sorry you are feelling depression. I went through that also after I lost my set of twins. I had a miscarriage previous to the twins as well. So I have three little babies in Heaven waiting for me! I know deep in my heart there is a reason for it all and I focus on the blessings I have.

You joined a great site for support and weight loss. If you stick with this you will lose and feel better! Its about tiny changes that last a lifetime!

Welcome!
  • NatashaGodber
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Congrats on making the decision to lose weight. Im sure u have it in u to do it x