19 year old daughter

Options
CherylP67
CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
My daughter is a college student and lives in an apartment with a friend. I see her every week or so. I took my younger daughter swimming at older daughter's pool yesterday.

I took off my bathing suit cover up, and my older daughter put her hand to her mouth and said, "oh my gosh mom, you are so skinny." She went on for a few minutes; telling me which parts looked better, asking me what I've done, and commending the fact that I looked fit.

It felt great that she noticed, my children tend not to notice me. It also made me realize how far I've come. I've been plugging away on my journey without talking about it so it feels good that its starting to show.

Replies

• stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I totally agree. The victories like that energize you for even more. Good luck on continued progress
  • cibulas
    cibulas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It always makes you feel great when people notice! I am down 14 pounds, and I feel like no one is noticing at all!:wink:
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    That is great- congratulations on your progress!
  • nettasue35
    nettasue35 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    My daughter is a college student and lives in an apartment with a friend. I see her every week or so. I took my younger daughter swimming at older daughter's pool yesterday.

I took off my bathing suit cover up, and my older daughter put her hand to her mouth and said, "oh my gosh mom, you are so skinny." She went on for a few minutes; telling me which parts looked better, asking me what I've done, and commending the fact that I looked fit.

It felt great that she noticed, my children tend not to notice me. It also made me realize how far I've come. I've been plugging away on my journey without talking about it so it feels good that its starting to show.

Best NSV ever! Kids notices mother. Mark your calendar!
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! Kids seem to never notice those changes, so you must look terrific for her to notice and say something. Great job!
  • sweetestlove1
    sweetestlove1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your topic caught my attention because I also have a 19 year old daughter in college. I want to congratulate you in how far you have come and I can only imagine how great it felt to hear those words from your daughter. I know she is so proud of her mom :)

My daughter tries to help me in my journey but I'm afraid I have not been such a great example. I'm a huge snacker and she'll tell me things like "Mom, why do you buy these things". When I lose even 1/2 a pound she is my biggest cheerleader. I wish I can do better to be a healthy example for her. Your story inspires me so thank you for sharing!

Daniela
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    That is so awesome! My daughter is 19 too and moving to campus in August. She was going through some of her clothes the other day and came to me asking if I wanted some of her jeans...She's 5'9 and 125...the fact that she thought I could even get into them made me smile all day!!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Loved this Cheryl! Thanks for sharing. Congratulations,you rock!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Way to go Mom! I have 18 and 20 year old daughters so I know what a high it is when they notice and say something positive!
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    N - S - V!
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful way to make your day! Congrats!! ((Happy Dance)) :bigsmile:
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Yaaay!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the NSV! That had to feel awesome!
  • gawx
    gawx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    aww thats so nice! well done :)
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    So awesome!
  • rachdun
    rachdun Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congratulations - it's always nice when someone notices
  • smh1067
    smh1067 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!