18 pounds in a month?

Options
I have lost 18 pounds in a month and I don't know if this is too fast. I am watching my caloric intake cloely and excercising daily. I have gone from 245lbs to 227 lbs this morning. I feel great but a little concerned. My diary is open if you would like to look.

Replies

• kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    As you are of a higher weight and this is your first month, I wouldn't worry. You'll lose a lot of water weight in the first month. The loss will slow down. If it does continue for another few months - increase your calorie intake. Other than that, maybe try reaching your goal completely.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I have lost 18 pounds in a month and I don't know if this is too fast. I am watching my caloric intake closely and exercising daily. I have gone from 245lbs to 227 lbs this morning. I feel great but a little concerned. My diary is open if you would like to look.

it depends. if it's your first month, a few of those lbs may be water you are no longer retaining.
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Its not unusual to lose a lot of weight in your first month if you are quite overweight to begin with. A lot of that is also likely to be water weight. You should start seeing quite a steep decline in the weight you lose from now on.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    Looked at your food log, you seem to be on the right track with your calories, your macros are a bit sporadic, but I honestly didn't start watching my macros at all until my last 30 lbs.

When I was 265 lbs and first started trying to lose weight, I think I dropped 20 lbs the first month, but it slowed down and steadied out after that.

Just remember to readjust your calories and stuff every 5 lbs you lose.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    As you are of a higher weight and this is your first month, I wouldn't worry. You'll lose a lot of water weight in the first month. The loss will slow down. If it does continue for another few months - increase your calorie intake. Other than that, maybe try reaching your goal completely.

This and when it's your first time to realy start loosing it will go fast.

Your diary looks fine, as long if you're not hungry it is fine.
  • Copywritten1988
    Copywritten1988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's great...I lost 60lbs in 2 1/2 months before I got pregnant. If you burn off all of the calories you take in...it's possible! :)
  • kjg1965297
    kjg1965297 Posts: 121
    Options
    Thanks everyone I feel better.:happy:
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    That's exactly what I've lost in a month as well. Like other people have said, it's probably a lot of water weight. Good luck to you!
  • ze_hombre
    ze_hombre Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Others are right, its water weight. It will stabilize and the loss will slow. Just don't lose faith when it does, you are doing it right.
  • mheebner
    mheebner Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Color me a little jealous. I'm on track to lose 10 lbs this month and I thought I was doing pretty good,, but 18 is pretty awesome !!