Sleeping problems

Options
I never had any problems with sleep.. until recently when I fully involved in my diet and starting to lose weight I encountered some sleeping problems. I sleep very lightly and almost everything instantly wakes me up and I can't fall asleep again.

Anyone with similar problems? advice?

Replies

• tcam70455
    tcam70455 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Are you also exercising, especially in the evening? I know that I seem to get more energy when I exercise. I started doing everything in the mornings, but had to switch to the evening when I started back teaching. I do have more trouble sleeping with that. You may also look for caffeine and sodium in your meals; both can trigger sleep problems. Are you going to bed hungry? I know it's not good to eat soon before going to bed, but being hungry can keep me awake also. Just a few ideas to look at.
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I will watch my activities more closely now for things you suggested :)
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    I had the exact same problem when I started. I did a workout at night, usually 8-9:30 and never fell asleep before midnight, and would wake up sometime between 3a-5a on my own and couldn't go back to sleep. Eventually my body my have gotten use to it, I started sleeping longer after a couple of weeks
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I agree, watch you're not hungry going to bed. Eat something carby or drink milk. Also you shouldnt really exercise within 4 hours of sleeping. I know some people have to, but at least give yourself a few hours to unwind. Also try a hot bath.

I think a change of diet always upsets something! :laugh: You and your body will adjust :wink:

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys :) hopefully everything will go back to normal soon:)
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Yes I have had the same problems. I'd agree with everything said here - exercise too close to bed time will do that. Also I have to have something with carbs and milk just before bed or I wake up hungry at 4am and can't get back to sleep, so I'll eat wholewheat cereal with milk & a little chopped banana. And surprisingly I've discovered dark chocolate can't be eaten within a couple of hours sleepytime cos it keeps you wideawake as black coffee! :noway: