Loss of sleep normal after switching diets?

Options
I have been struggling for a while now with my junk food carb habit. Its pretty much what I lean on most of the time and am heavily addicted.
On Monday I said goodbye to all my junk foods and went to a lower carb lower sugar lifestyle switch.
Since then I am exhausted first thing in the morning because I am not sleeping very well. I am not sure if it is because I drastically changed my diet and am going through a cleansing healing withdrawl state or from the high temps of this heat we are having.

I do a shake for breakfast
Strawberries, banana, slimfast powder for taste, and water
Lunch is 2 hard boiled eggsalad wth pepper and onion and mayo
2 servings of cheese
And celery
Supper last night was veggie stirfry with chicken and soya sauce and olive oil
I am eating more ceasar salad and then with some kind of meat ham the night before and porkchops before that
And I am drinking 8-10 glasses of water a day and am in central air for most of it

I just want my sleep back

Replies

• ForumLurker
    Options
    That's odd that you're having trouble sleeping after cutting your carbs and sugar, when I did that, I could barely stay awake all day without the aid of coffee, tea and diet soda/energy drinks.

Do you have a lot of things on your mind? Is your brain over acting or can you just not get comfortable or will your brain just not shut down?

Have you tried white noise or maybe a sleep aid? There are over-the-counter varieties that work pretty good and are non-habit forming.
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have tried extra strength melatonin last two nights still restless
    And once I had to pee. Learning when to cut fluids will be challenging in this heatwave
    The last few months I have been a more solid all night sleeper
    Until this week
    Not stressed, not a lot on my mind
    Just restless
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    How low are you going for calories? From reading your list it doesn't sound like a lot of food.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    Restlessness, hmm.

What time of day do you usually workout? Do you use a gym or do you exercise at home?
  • asalembier
    asalembier Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am doing higher fat foods to keep with calories nuts, cheese, etc, usually between 1200-1500 a day.

As for exercise, I was doing the c25K program, but because of the extreme heat 40 degrees Celsius which is over 100 degrees Fahrenheit, I workout for an hour in the pool instead swimming laps, or doing aqua aerobics etc. I am also doing push ups, crunches, and other strength training exercises before bed, but nothing strenuous.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I'm having trouble too but I know for me it is all the heat. Try taking a cool shower before bed.