5:2 ers...

Options
Drinking tea/coffee with milk on fast day yay or nay?

Replies

• andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If it fits on your calorie limit I don't see why not..

In my personal opinion, I rather have it without milk as it takes away calories that I could spend eating other things... And I like my coffee black and my tea non milky

:)
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Up to you. Count the milk, though.
  • juleszephyr
    juleszephyr Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Drink it black or in case of tea with a slice of lemon... Or make iced black coffee / tea with sweetner...
  • UKSal
    UKSal Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use milk, 10ml of skimmed milk makes all the difference to me, and it is only 4 cals per cup. Never have sweet tea I hate it, but can't drink coffee without sugar/sweetener and milk so I don't have it on fast days.
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Usually, yes, but I normally have tea with 1/2tsp of sugar and semi skimmed milk, comes to 28 calories, so plenty of room for food. Today, however, I've had two cups of coffee with lots of milk and vanilla syrup. Just felt like I needed it. So, I'll definitely go over my fast, but I'll aim for 600 or 650.
  • utterbubble
    Options
    thank you :)
  • nataliea683
    nataliea683 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have tea with milk on a fast day. As long as you include it in your calorie allowance you will be fine having that. x
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    You have 500 calories for the day, right?

Make sure you log the coffee (some have calories) and the milk (2 Tbsp is 1/8th cup). Most tea is 0 calories.