Tip for weight loss

Options
Hi, just a quick note to those of who never eat breakfast. I never use to eat breakfast, I was never hungry in the morning and thought I could save those calories for later that day. Boy, was I wrong! I have now ate breakfast for two weeks. I've lost 7 lbs.
I am still eating healthy during the day too. I am allergic to gluten/wheat so my typical breakfast is a protein and a piece of fruit. Hope this tip was useful to you.

Replies

• bexalicous
    bexalicous Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    APPARENTLY: Skipping breakfast is actually what Sumo wrestlers do to gain extra weight.

Just something I heard once.

Breakfast is golden!
  • aliciamhosein
    Options
    I always eat breakfast because I know when I am starving I make bad eating decisions. I look for something convenient instead of healthy. plus I always make sure I have healthy snacks in my purse.
  • flitabout
    flitabout Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    So glad that, that works for you.If I eat breakfast I am hungry all day. Hunger I can deal with but the cravings... Whoa buddy thoses take me down every time. Breakfast doesn't work for everybody.
  • thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    It is great that it works for you however eating breakfast will not lead to more weight loss. Some people find that if they don't eat breakfast they either eat more later in the day or make less healthy choices. Some also find they are much more hungry during the day if they eat breakfast.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    That's nice but your weight loss came from a caloric deficit, not adding another meal in the morning.
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    It had nothing to do with the fact you ate breakfast....
  • getting_fit86
    getting_fit86 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Eating another meal has nothing to do with weight loss. It is all about calories in vs. calories out. You probably lost the weight because of a calorie deficit.

I don't think that sumo wrestlers would skip breakfast just to gain weight.........

I think it comes down to the controlling cravings, feeling full, etc. If you are fine not eating breakfast and don't get uncontrollable cravings later on - then don't eat breakfast. If eating breakfast helps you stay on track all day then by all means, eat breakfast.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    For robots, eating breakfast has no relevance to hunger levels and impulse control throughout the day.

For people, it's a mixed bag. If breakfast helps, eat breakfast.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast!!!!

Fuels me til lunch
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    People I know who weren't raised around a breakfast table don't have a compulsion to eat first thing in the am. For me, it is nurturing and nourishing. I feel great after putting some delicious fruit and yogurt or oatmeal into my body. My nonbreakfast friends don't miss it and maintain their weight. I am even keeled after eating well, but skip it and I am moody at 10am.
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Scientific studies regarding weight loss and breakfast say basically this (was posted here about two weeks ago):

On a strict diet controlled by the doctors, it made no difference in weight loss at all. Their observation though was if you normally eat breakfast, continue to eat breakfast. If you don't normally eat breakfast, don't eat breakfast. Change in that behavior can lead to either extreme cravings or over eating... people's subjective feeling about the difficulty of missing it varied massively, but was mostly centered on if they normally ate it or not.

Needing to eat breakfast, not eating before bed, or eating many small meals, etc... are food/diet myths that refuse to die even thought there is a lot of scientific evidence that shows otherwise, they come up over and over.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Meal timings make no difference at all, but if it works for you then keep it up!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I am glad that's working for you. Down the road if you want to change it up research intermittent fasting.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    That's nice but your weight loss came from a caloric deficit, not adding another meal in the morning.
    yup.
  • arose544
    arose544 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear i'm not the only one who doesnt like breakfast. Give me a cup of joe and i'm good to go till 11 or so. If i eat breakfast i snack on junk all day.