Proof of Fitness Improvement!

Options
Bry_Fitness70
Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
To maintain free rec center benefits through my health insurance, I have to periodically get measured to demonstrate progress. I started using MFP in May, methodically documenting my diet every day. I cut out a lot of the unrefined sugar, sodium, shuffled my carb / fab / protein ratios, and monitored my overall caloric intake.

Tuesday was my first measurement post-MFP measurement (the weight was with clothing on):

34sm2x4.jpg

I still have a lot of work to do in improving my diet, getting rid of refined sugar and artificial ingredients, but the knowledge that my changes are producing results is very motivating!

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. It also sounds like your insurer created a good incentive for you to work out.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a question about the incentive program though. What if perfectly fit people don't lose weight or inches? Do they not get the free benefit? Just wondering if the free is only for those who need to improve their health and not for those already healthy.
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Good job! What a great benefit.
  • Jules221
    Jules221 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Good work. Would be nice if my work had that type of program.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Great job! I have a question about the incentive program though. What if perfectly fit people don't lose weight or inches? Do they not get the free benefit? Just wondering if the free is only for those who need to improve their health and not for those already healthy.

It is a fairly new program, so at this point, they are just looking for compliance with getting measured. It is tricky because of the people who are already fit and won't be losing lbs or inches. I think they will start filtering data for people who meet certain criteria to see if they are actually going to the gym, and if not, would probably cut their membership.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!