Trying to lose baby weight....and then some! :-)

Degrotet
Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hello all. I found this site on my new phone...what an amazing site! I am a new Mommy of baby #3. I am trying to lose 40 pounds. I am still nursing and trying to stay within the daily caloric intake. So far, I have lost a pound, and this morning found out that I regained it. I know I need to get moving.....just so hard with three little ones under 5 years old. I also think I am mentally sabotaging myself by thinking it is ok to go over the daily calorie goal by a few hundred because I am nursing. I have to stop doing that!! Any other new Mom's out there with any tips?? I would love to hear from you!:smile:

Replies

• pandygurl
    pandygurl Posts: 14 Member
    Im a new mother to a baby boy, I gained 50lbs with my pregnancy and lost the first half within the first two weeks, hes almost four months old now and have not had another pound budge off the scale. So I joined this site and got a gym membership, gotta kick things into high gear! Im nursing as well, and I thought the pounds would come off since I was nursing.. well I was wrong! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can encourage eachother! Congrats on baby #3!~!!
  • Babyfatty3
    Babyfatty3 Posts: 2 Member
    Same boat, but just finished bfing. It was SO difficult to figure all this out for me- so I just ended up waiting until I was done feeding to really work out/ lower caloric intake. My milk kept drying up so I just didn't mess with it anymore. with 3 under 3 it's really hard to find time to work out. I find workout videos and realistic things that can be done at home make sense. I found a gym with a nice looking daycare but one child cries so much when we go I can't enjoy my workout.
    Good luck!
  • ecp2698
    ecp2698 Posts: 267 Member
    Welcome! I am loving this site, too! Just wanted to let you know, if you are exclusively nursing, then you should be eating an extra 500 calories a day. That is what I have been doing since I started, about 3 weeks ago, and I've been losing. If you search breast feeding under foods, it will log -500 calories in your dairy. Good luck!
  • Good luck to you all! My lil one is about to be 2yr old in Jan, and I'm still carrying the extra 40lbs.. just joined this site last week and hoping to kick this baby fat in the butt! or off the butt! lol..
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Welcome to you! Same boat here, my daughter is now 6 weeks old and I've got another 25 lbs baby weight to lose and a further 20 lbs on top of that! Sending out some friend requests, let's work on it together!!
  • pandygurl
    pandygurl Posts: 14 Member
    babyfatty3 - I just had that problem, my one side dried up, so I was put on meds to increase my milk supply. Im trying to be really careful with getting all my calorie intake now.
    Ecp2698- I did not realize that you could add breastfeeding under foods!
    Thank you for the tip!
  • I myself just had my first baby almost 8mths ago. i now weigh 230 the biggest ive ever been. before this i was always at a steady weight of 180. my goal right now is to get back down to that. then lose more once ive reached the first goal. ANY TIPS TO HELP ME.
  • Degrotet
    Degrotet Posts: 16 Member
    Thank you everyone! I sent out friend requests to all of you! Hopefully we can all kick it in gear together! Thank you for the info on the breastfeeding....I didn't know you could do that either..I'm the kind of girl that needs to be held accountable to reach my goals...I think this awesome site is going to help a lot! Thank you for all the support!
  • u do have to have more calories. b ut just choose the good food and u will be fine. stay away from anything white!
This discussion has been closed.