Constipation

Options
walk_fit
walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
1000 mg of Vitamin C, Magnesium 500 mg and 2 cloves of garlic at night help me getting regular. Prune/Prune juice has a lot of calories. Any other ideas ?

Replies

• MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Increase fat and fibre! You'd be surprised how much it helps :)
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Increase fat and fibre! You'd be surprised how much it helps :)

This.
  • MaeRenee94
    MaeRenee94 Posts: 175
    Options
    Pro Biotics or sweet potato every day
  • lollypop114
    Options
    I am really sorry but i couldn't help laughing at the topic and then your picture... push yourself.... *Giggles*

Anyway... mature answer now: a dessert spoon of flax seed over my breakfast or mixed up in my smoothies, plus lots of water saw me right. Although in the end it turned out my problem was IBS being flared up by caffeine, dairy, alcohol and white bread/pasta so i also tried cutting those out and I'm pretty sorted. I still take the flax though for regularity!
  • DanielleJoy129
    Options
    Coffee.
  • thedman
    thedman Posts: 18
    Options
    I drink a glass of Metamucil every morning. Keeps things "flowing" just nice. Also, some studies show it helps lower Cholesterol.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I like the Prune Ones by Sunsweet too. They are only 25 calories a piece. Even after eating more fat and fiber, I sometimes take a stool softener. It seems to help.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    CVS Brand Metamucil...same properties as the name brand stuff. Tastes like Tang...yum Tang.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    If you're poopin'...then you're doing it wrong.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    More fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. Gotta get that fiber
  • AmyJo0
    AmyJo0 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I drink a glass of Metamucil every morning. Keeps things "flowing" just nice. Also, some studies show it helps lower Cholesterol.

Plenty of water and this ^. Sugar Free Pink Lemonade is my morning "wake up" drink. I love the taste, and I love the regularity!
  • AmyJo0
    AmyJo0 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    [
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    High fiber foods.

Broccoli is probably top of the heap.
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    - I eat flax seed everyday...I believe this helps.
    - Lots of fiber...lots of water.
    - Miralax with water is not a bad choice. My doctor prescribed it for my kids when they were little. I know others that have used it with great results.
  • henriettevanittersum
    henriettevanittersum Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A kiwi first thing in the morning has kept me regular for 21 years now! Hate it when they're unavailable... plan B is chia & flax seeds mixed into my muesli for breakfast. I'm eating it with greek yoghurt and blueberries right now. Mmmm....