88 lbs

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
wow, cool and wonderful are the ways to describe how I feel. I started on Feb 1, 2010, and to this day, I have lost 88 lbs.
Also, I can fast walk/slow jog on a tread mill for an hour and half, my blood pressure is now lowered, and I will be off the milder pill since the summer. My Dr wants to completely stop my b p medicine in Dec, as well as my exercise induced asthma is very rare

My total cholesterol is only 103, and my total sugars are at 90. Truly, the weight loss allowed me now to live longer, Im 55 years old male, and waist size went from a 50 , to a 39.
I kind of quit using a scale daily, only use it 2 times a week, but my clothes tell the real story, esp in the thigh area, buttock , and lower calves area,
Some days, I may not lose the weight, but I can feel all the loss of flab under my arms, on my chest, and in my legs. I went from 341 to 253, and am feeling great
I still have 40 lbs to lose, and I have my next dr visit on the 23rd of Dec, and will then be taken completly off of the only med I am taking, ie, the blood pressure medicine.......so Ill be saving the extra money for the perscription

to anyone who thinks they cant do it , you can.........stay focused, stay focused, stay focused, and dont beat yourself up if you have one bad day........just return to where you were the day before...

one thing I have really noticed is how think my hands are.........They used to be chubby and seemed like they retained fluid, and now they are "normal" looking. Also, my workout routine is jus that, "routine" and not so efforted like it was in Feb.......Im not winded and out of breath after working out on the treadmill, which has been the only exercise I have done. I am now , just practicing the weight machines, but will really invest in the machines after Dec........Im just doing cardio now, to get the remaining weight off, before I tone up, but I have seen some excess skin here and there...........
thanks for listening, just wanted to share with anyone whos discouraged......."Stay focused........ L.R

Replies

• Adusenka
    Adusenka Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job :) and thanks for your advice :)

Keep it up!
  • RhymingOrange
    RhymingOrange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Major congrats! And thanks for sharing - really needed that motivation today.
  • rubysparkle
    rubysparkle Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing, that is really inspiring to me especially because right now in the gym the only exercise i can really do is treadmill walking due to a spinal injury i have. I can walk for miles and increase up to 6mph and still walk or change the gradient up and walk for 90 mins i burn the calories but i was worried today that this wouldnt be enough to consistently lose weight. I will later on in my weight loss plan get a trainer who can safely run through some resisitent exercises with me so that i dont injure myself but for now i wanted to focus on the cardio until im maybe 30lb down. Therefore i feel so much better reading you have done so well with just the treadmill.

Your post has really inspired me so thanks for sharing. You have done so well - congratulations and I am glad your health has improved so much for you - after all it's all that really matters :)
  • AmyW4225
    AmyW4225 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Holy crap!! GREAT job!! I wish you had some pictures to go along with your post. I LOVE before and during/after pics!! What an AMAZING loss in such a short amount of time! Good luck on the rest of your journey!!
  • phatzzzs
    Options
    Thank you for letting us know your great success and method for your weight loss!!! Keep going on the weights, they will help with the definition and general "feel good", that you have created with your body now! Keep us informed on how things continue you to go.
  • Mirlyn
    Mirlyn Posts: 256
    Options
    88lbs since February? Amazing! Congratulations.
  • coniconstance
    coniconstance Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    What an amazing accomplishment. Be proud of yourself today an every day after. Thanks so much for posting your story for it will be inspirational to many, including myself. Get out there and tell others too.. this world needs to be healthier. Share your experience with others and you will be saving lives. Peace Coni (WAY TO GO)
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, that's just amazing. Very inspiring. Good luck with your ultimate goal.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    Wow!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is really amazing! Good for you for doing something to improve your health. Amazing! Good luck working toward your goal and in maintaining, after so much hard work, I have no doubt you can do it!
  • starstealing
    Options
    thank you so much for sharing your journey with us. your progress so far is incredible and inspiring. i wish you all of the blessings in the world as you work toward your ultimate goal!
  • debbie1268
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! thanks for the encouragement... Keep up the good work
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    Great job! Congratulations! It takes commitment to do what you have accomplished. I like what you said about having a bad day and NOT making it the end of your journey. Moving forward is what counts.

Again, congratulations! May you enjoy your healthier YOU :flowerforyou:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Wow! How happy you sound! :bigsmile: You are an inspiration. I wish you much success with your next40lbs and to getting off all meds. Its really worth it, isnt it? :drinker:
  • jflynch45
    Options
    :flowerforyou: WAY TO GO!!
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I am so happy for you!!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!