Looking for new friends, especially...

Options
2»

Replies

• Cfkearney
    Cfkearney Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you want. :flowerforyou: I am here because I am much healthier when I log my food. I find I eat too much when I'm not focusing on health and then when I think I'm eating healthier I sometimes don't eat enough. I don't really go to the gym, but I do taekwondo 3 times a week and Brazilian jiu jitsu twice a week. I keep telling my self I need to strength train and do some extra cardio because it will help me but I just haven't followed trough with that yet.
  • andysport1
    andysport1 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're a genius! That is THE single most impressive phrasing of "no fatties" I have read in all my time on MFP. Hat's off!
    oops wrong place I'm a fattie, maybe next year :sad:

Wait a second, I welcome all new friends, regardless of current physical condition - I have a lot of respect for everyone here, as we are all working hard and sacrificing to improve ourselves! I just created this thread because I also wanted to target “maintenance” people, as our needs and goals are often different than people who are primarily attempting to lose a lot of weight. I’m not sure how that can be interpreted as saying “no fatties”, but there is no conspiracy here!

Easy man we are only messing with you.

On a serious note your original message you mentioned learning new exercise habits, I can help with running
    Run 3 x a week have a day off in between runs
    1 run easy
    1 run efforts like short sprints or hill work
    & 1 run long
    It's as simple as that.

Oh and add in stretching everyday as part as your routine.

Hey and don't worry I won't be a fattie for long :bigsmile:
  • jenijen25
    jenijen25 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    add me :)
  • littlewolf3785
    littlewolf3785 Posts: 2,592 Member
    Options
    I have 15 lbs to go till I hit my goal weight then after it will be to maintain my weight, toning my body to gain some muscle an all around toning and to improve my healthy lifestyle. Feel free to add me.
  • Lutah7
    Lutah7 Posts: 45
    Options
    Thank you for your service. Humbled by what you sacrifice. I have a lot to lose, so I am not really what you wanted in a friend lol, but wanted to say thank you all the same.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I also thank you for your service and also am not what you're looking for as far as friends for motivation. I am on the losing end although I am an excellent motivator.

I do however, wish you the best of luck in your endeavors! :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Like the thread. 49 lost 50... can maintain my weight but looking to drop 12-15. Has been tough to drop on the last leg and always looking for new ideas and to help where I can. Feel free to add. Good luck all.
  • steffij100
    steffij100 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm new to this site, so still working my way around it, but loving reading all the messages! Don't really have an awful lot of weight to lose, around 6-7 pounds, but it's all in the same area! So really looking to be more disciplined with food- and wine!- intake, and become stronger and more toned. Have always exercised and eaten relatively healthily, but really need to avoid the naughty cupboard more! Also, have lower back issues, so any hints regarding lifting would be fab, as I do mostly cardio- and happy to reciprocate if I can.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Happy Bump Day!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Bump!
  • ssm_1972
    ssm_1972 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiii to all :)
    Me, Sham from India, new member posting first time in MFP. Nice to see you all on board, reading most of the messages on several topics here, I must say; most of the postings are very appreciating !! Would happy to have few frndz on MFP.
    Thanks guys in advance :)
  • stronganddetermination
    Options
    Hi! Im knew here! I think i have and intermediate goal (22lbs), despite of im at a healthy bmr. Feel free to add me. Im sara from spain, finishing medical school!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Options
    Bump!