Chicken Recipes?

Options
lynn_miller15
lynn_miller15 Posts: 57 Member
Hi,

I have two chicken breasts that I was going to have for supper tonight (one for me and one for my husband) - does anyone have any meal/recipe ideas that I could use that are low cal and fat content but taste DELICIOUS??? :)

Thanks for sharing!

Lynn

Replies

• Diyamommy
    Diyamommy Posts: 56
    Options
    Do you like Tandoori Chicken?

I marinate the chicken with salt, red pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, cumin and coriander powder (you can buy tandoori chicken masala from any Indian or International grocery store, if you have that you can skip the coriander and cumin powder), 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for about 45-60 mins and then bake it for 30 mins at 380-400. Check on it every 10 mins.

Serve it hot with sliced onions

Hi,

I have two chicken breasts that I was going to have for supper tonight (one for me and one for my husband) - does anyone have any meal/recipe ideas that I could use that are low cal and fat content but taste DELICIOUS??? :)

Thanks for sharing!

Lynn
  • thetiniestgirl
    Options
    Do you like Tandoori Chicken?

I marinate the chicken with salt, red pepper powder, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, cumin and coriander powder (you can buy tandoori chicken masala from any Indian or International grocery store, if you have that you can skip the coriander and cumin powder), 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil for about 45-60 mins and then bake it for 30 mins at 380-400. Check on it every 10 mins.

Serve it hot with sliced onions

Seriously, yum - I can't wait to go home and try this!
  • lynn_miller15
    Options
    Love Tandoori Chicken - my husband is Indian so we eat ALOT of indian! :)
    Thanks - might have to make that tonight.
    I wonder if I could BBQ it instead??
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    After watching these two episodes I am craving fried chicken, so tonight I have decided to make The Chew's Clinton Kelly's healthy fried chicken. It looks so good, I hope it works out. I'll let you know ! I also posted a link to eat, shrink, and be merry's faux fried chicken recipe because that looked good as well.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Oven-Fried-Chicken-Clinton-Kelly

http://janetandgreta.com/recipe/530-2/
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I marinate chicken with olive oil, fresh rosemary, and garlic then cook it on the stove top. Then after the chicken is cooked I remove it, add the juice of a lemon and more rosemary and garlic and make like a little sauce. You can always add a little water if the lemon flavor is too strong but I haven't found it to be. Also be careful that your oil isn't too hot, garlic and hot oil do not work well together haha
  • lynn_miller15
    Options
    All of these sound sooooo good!! thanks guys!! Keep it coming.

Something spicy would be wonderful!
  • bathsheba_c
    bathsheba_c Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I like marinating in lemon juice, oregano, and a little olive oil and then baking. It's even better on the grill, though! If I want to be fancy, I'll serve it on a good quality ciabatta roll with hummus and red onion.

Another thing you can do is google "shishlik marinade." Basically anything you find will be simple and tasty. You just let it sit a few hours or even overnight, and then bake it for 30 minutes.
  • Tandy777
    Tandy777 Posts: 10
    Options
    We cook boneless chicken breasts every Sunday .. That way there's enough around for kids sandwiches, to throw in salads, as a small protein snack, etc. we love spicy food so just marinate it in our favorite hot sauce then roast in the oven.
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    After watching these two episodes I am craving fried chicken, so tonight I have decided to make The Chew's Clinton Kelly's healthy fried chicken. It looks so good, I hope it works out. I'll let you know ! I also posted a link to eat, shrink, and be merry's faux fried chicken recipe because that looked good as well.

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/Oven-Fried-Chicken-Clinton-Kelly

http://janetandgreta.com/recipe/530-2/
    This tasted good and super moist. Could have been better if I weren't so dumb and decided'' The top looks like its burning, I better cover with tinfoil'' If you make this don't do that ! It made the crust soggy but still good.