not so new

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm not so new here but feel like I am and need to start over. I had an account before, cancelled it and quit. I started this some time ago but never really used it much. I am remotivated and want to have some people with me through this journey. I quit smoking two days ago as well so the last few days have been a struggle. I know that it will be well worth it in the end but right now it sucks....big ones.

Good luck to everyone and congrats to all of those who have experienced success. :drinker:

Replies

• kbtommi
    kbtommi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I've been here since the end of 2011, but never really participated in the forums until now. I'm on here daily if you'd like to add me. Best of luck to you. :happy:
  • StrivingSagittarius
    Options
    Congrats and welcome back.....request sent :wink:
  • lkgarza
    lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I feel like I start new every Monday :) I have been loggin my food on my phone, but don't remember to get on the computer to connect with people!! Add me as a 'buddy' here or I'm on facebook a lot if that is better :) Can't wait to push each other to our goals!!
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Hiya, I was just about to write something similar myself as an intro.....but I'll just join this is you don't mind :)

I haven't smoked in 5 days but I already know I'm going to struggle on Saturday (hen night), and unfortunately when I don't smoke, my eating habits go wrong.....hoping participating in these forms will keep me on the right track.
  • karenbp
    karenbp Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Stepy,
    Same Story here.
    Except the smoking... You have a lot on your mind I bet.
    I am going with a no excuses attitude.
    What's your plan?
  • joanmhe
    joanmhe Posts: 2
    Options
    Good luck with quitting. I quit many years ago, and it took many tries. But I started exercising daily, and started doing some activities that I really loved that were contra- smoking - hiking, skiing, yoga. I did gain some weight due to stress eating, but that calmed down, and eventually converted that fat to muscle.
  • stephy1824
    stephy1824 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Karen, I really don't have a plan but my solution yesterday was to go to bed right after dinner. Can't eat or smoke????Bed time :)
    I plan on finding a healthier and more productive solution tonight.

thanks everyone for the add and encouragement!
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Congrats and welcome back.....request sent :wink:

Hi, I lost your message when I accepted your friend request.......I work in IT, but sometimes I swear I know nothing!!!
  • Gingerjoanna
    Options
    Karen, I really don't have a plan but my solution yesterday was to go to bed right after dinner. Can't eat or smoke????Bed time :)
    I plan on finding a healthier and more productive solution tonight.

thanks everyone for the add and encouragement!

And I do the bed thing at the moment......but it's very had as the weather is so nice here at the moment and we don't get much of it........but determined to stay out of the pub.....because that means more smoking and the temptation of junk food and beer.
  • stephy1824
    stephy1824 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    And I do the bed thing at the moment......but it's very had as the weather is so nice here at the moment and we don't get much of it........but determined to stay out of the pub.....because that means more smoking and the temptation of junk food and beer.
    [/quote]

I know! Lucky for me I don't really drink anymore because I'm surgically attched to my kids so no time for that! I need to find a hobby :) It's been crazy hot here lately but when it cools off outside a bit, I'll be out walking off the cravings!