Coffee - Ok if fits with MACROS?

Options
I love a cup of coffee, is it ok to drink coffee if it fits in with your MACROS? I would like 4-5 cups a day.

Replies

• MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS.......COFFEE IS A FOOD GROUP
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Coffee, beer, pizza, donuts......it's all good as long as you stay within your overall caloric goal. If you're watching your macros closely you might want to put milk in it rather than half & half if you're watching your fat intake (especially at 4 or 5 cups per day).

If it fits....enjoy!
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups EVERYDAY - with cream and sugar. I enjoy it and have NO intention of giving it up! I just make it fit within my goals.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I only drink 1 cup of black coffee in the morning with 1 Tbsp of real sugar that amounts to 47 calories and 12 g of carbs (for the sugar). I can totally live with that.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Coffee by itself (black, no cream/sugar/etc.) has virtually no caloric value... it *does* act as a mild diuretic, so make sure you're drinking water as well. It's just the things you ADD to the coffee that can put your macros through the roof.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    12oz coffee w/ 2tsp real sugar and 1TBSP whole milk = 43 calories. Times 2 is the only way to start the morning for me!

Besides, a cup of coffee contains as much potassium as a mid-size banana. Can't beat that!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 4 cups of coffee a day sometimes 2 full pots depends on the day lol
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Another coffee drinker here. I track it and fit it in my day.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I've been getting away from fatty or artificially sweetened sweeteners and using 100% pure wild natural honey. A teaspoon does have 8gs of sugar, but I'm not too concerned about unrefined sugars.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    I drink coffee every day with 1 tsp sugar and 1 tsp non-dairy creamer per 8oz cup.
  • symonspatrick
    symonspatrick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    10 cups per day average for the past year has been in my diet.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    It is for Me!! Drink up if it fits.... :drinker:
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee black, so I don't even bother logging it. Better log the sugar or creamer though, and just fit it in like you would any other food.
  • tabithaseeley
    Options
    Coffee 8oz black = 2 calories

I drink it every day! Healthy caffeine like black coffee in the morning not only gives you a kick in the butt to get your day started but also helps boost your metabolism early in the morning. Not to mention there have been alot of studies that link coffee to positive heart health benefits, and helping counter some diseases associated with aging.

So if I were you I would drink on, but keep it at smaller amounts (I would say under 4-5 cups, sorry love.) :drinker:
  • Janice2Shakira
    Options
    Black coffee keeps me sane.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Coffee is fine just make sure you drink enough water as well as it does work to dehydrate you.

I drink mine black so there are very few calories.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I love a cup of coffee, is it ok to drink coffee if it fits in with your MACROS? I would like 4-5 cups a day.

DUDE! HECK YEAH!

I drink 4 cups a day. Great fat burner if you drink it black. Otherwise, you;re fk'd
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I drink 2 cups EVERYDAY - with cream and sugar. I enjoy it and have NO intention of giving it up! I just make it fit within my goals.

This x2 there are certian things I wont give up and my coffee is one of them. Mind you I am going to try a natural sugar after I get groceries this week but leaving the cream in.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Coffee by itself (black, no cream/sugar/etc.) has virtually no caloric value... it *does* act as a mild diuretic, so make sure you're drinking water as well. It's just the things you ADD to the coffee that can put your macros through the roof.

water is a diuretic as well, seems like a vicious cycle!
  • Laac68
    Laac68 Posts: 55
    Options
    I am a tea drinker, who just started drinking coffee. I use 2 tbsp. of half and half and one tsp. of sugar and drink one cup in the mornings.