easy crispy oven baked sweet potato

Options
melindasuefritz
melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
easy crispy oven baked sweet potato(better than Fries) by fitness recipes

Ingredients (1 serving = 1 sweet potato):

1 sweet potato (200 g)

5 ml – 1 tspn olive oil (or coconut oil)

Fresh black pepper

Sea salt

Spices you like: for example: garlic, curry, chilli,…

Directions:

Peel the sweet potatoes (not necessary, or just clean).

Cut the sweet potatoes almost all the way through

(I put the handle of a wooden spoon against the sweet potato and cut the sweet potato ‘till I came against the sweet potato).

Drizzle olive oil, sea salt and fresh black over the top.

Bake for 40 minutes at 220°C (425 F) in a pre-heated oven.

Nutritional facts (1 serving = 1 sweet potato)

Energy: 236 cal

Protein: 2.6 g

Carbohydrates: 42 g (sugar 6 g)

Fat: 5 g (saturated 0.7 g)

Fiber: 5 g

Replies

• nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but i don't understand what you mean about the wooden spoon. How do you cut it?
  • grannywoggle
    grannywoggle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but i don't understand what you mean about the wooden spoon. How do you cut it?
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I think she means she lays a wooden spoon right next to the potato and then cuts down into the potato using the wooden spoon as a type of "stop" indicator so she doesn't cut all the way through.
  • van692
    van692 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I believe this would be considered a Hasselback sweet potato (judging by the recipe). If you do a Google search and find an image it will be much clearer what melindasuefri means by using a spoon so that you don't cut all the way through the potato.

Something like this:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/hasselback-sweet-potatoes-recipe/index.html
  • mbrou28
    mbrou28 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • grannywoggle
    grannywoggle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ingredients
    4 medium sweet potatoes
    1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
    1 garlic clove, finely grated on a microplane
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1/3 cup nonfat Greek-style yogurt
    1 scallion, white and green parts chopped

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Make a series of 1/8-inch slices along each potato, slicing 2/3 of the way through.

Stir together the butter, oil, thyme, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the potatoes all over with the mixture, getting in between the slices.

Place on the baking sheet and roast until the center of the potatoes are tender and the outside is crisp, 50 minutes to 1 hour. Halfway through the roasting time, remove the potatoes from the oven and run a fork gently across the tops of the potatoes, using light pressure, to fan the slices and separate them from one another.

Meanwhile, stir the yogurt and scallions with a pinch salt and a pinch pepper. Serve the sauce with the potatoes.

Per serving: Calories: 150; Total Fat 4 grams; Saturated Fat: 2 grams; Protein: 4 grams; Total carbohydrates: 24 grams; Sugar: 8 grams; Fiber: 4 grams; Cholesterol: 10 milligrams; Sodium: 260 milligrams