Gah...this weekend murdered me.

Options
I don't know what my deal was this weekend. Usually I have a scheduled cheat meal on Sundays. Well this week I changed it to friday because it was the 4th and I was meeting up with old friends to bbq. Usually one cheat meal doesn't really do much to me..but I cheated yesterday and today also....!! I ran 8 miles on friday, rested on saturday, and then ran 4.5 miles today..but still I just feel soooooo gross hahaha. Its like when something goes "off schedule" it ruins everything for me. I know I'll be fine the rest of the week because I usually am to busy during the week to cheat, etc. Did anyone else kill it this weekend? Sometimes I wish I could eat a bad meal and not kill myself with exercise the next day because I feel so guilty haha..I obsess over food way too much.

Thanks for reading..feel free to comment if you have any suggestions/words of wisdom. :smile:

Replies

• food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    I don't know what my deal was this weekend. Usually I have a scheduled cheat meal on Sundays. Well this week I changed it to friday because it was the 4th and I was meeting up with old friends to bbq. Usually one cheat meal doesn't really do much to me..but I cheated yesterday and today also....!! I ran 8 miles on friday, rested on saturday, and then ran 4.5 miles today..but still I just feel soooooo gross hahaha. Its like when something goes "off schedule" it ruins everything for me. I know I'll be fine the rest of the week because I usually am to busy during the week to cheat, etc. Did anyone else kill it this weekend? Sometimes I wish I could eat a bad meal and not kill myself with exercise the next day because I feel so guilty haha..I obsess over food way too much.

Thanks for reading..feel free to comment if you have any suggestions/words of wisdom. :smile:
  • Zborni4
    Zborni4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I completely fell off the fitness wagon this weekend also. I didn't go way overboard but enough to know that I won't be losing anything this week and this upcoming week I am going on vacation...not good for cutting back on calories.
  • maggierex
    maggierex Posts: 59
    Options
    i'd like to forget this weekend ever happened:grumble: but it's back on track now, the old me would have just thrown in the towel.
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    What's with this weekend?! And I'm not even American so I don't have a holiday to blame! lol

I didn't go WAY over but considering I've never yet gone over by more than 75 cals, 400 over yesterday and 200 over today sure make me feel like I've fallen off the wagon! I'm adjusting to a decrease in my calories of 250 a day and with no exercise today I just felt hungry. But, it was almost all healthy food (barring the bites I took of my son's ice cream!) and tomorrow is a new day!! I teach stroller fitness tomorrow so I'll be okay :laugh:
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I feel you all... This weekend really did me in.. I went over every day since wen... MOST likely.. Couldnt log most days since i just ate.... but i did log today and yesterday cuz i knew what i had... UGH... I just hope tomorrow brings a whole new meaning to starting over..lol... :bigsmile: I met new people.. had new foods... and did nothing at all.. NOTHING TO DO IN GREAT OLD TN.... lol...
  • mramig
    mramig Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    this weekend killed me too!

it started off with my nieces b-day on thursday where i has handed a HUGE slice of cake..

then the 4th of july where i ate a ton of nachos and had over 10 beers..

let's just say that i didn't log those days!

i'm back on track today and back to the gym tomorrow! hopefully once i see the scale, it will keep me away from temptation the next time it comes around!!
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I've found that logging the "bad" days is waaay more motivating than seeing what the scale does. It's a tall order to face head-on what you've put in...

Well, here's to a super star week!! We can do it! :happy:
  • Davidsalthouse
    Options
    three words...

California Pizza Kicthen

Managed to stay under my numbers for the day, but my 1000 cal lunch could not have been to good for the cause. In the big picture, it tasted great, and it was a nice lunch with my girlfriend, so I logged it and moved on.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Me too, I didn't log anything at all on Friday Saturday or sunday. Hopefully I didn't eat too badly but without logging it is VERY easy to go over. Though yesterday I rode a few miles on my new bike and I walked quite a bit when we went to see fireworks. Plus, I did everything right last week and stayed the same, so maybe cheating this week will shake things up a bit and I'll lose. Here's hoping.....
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I totally derailed this weekend. Friday I didn't do too badly foodwise at the BBQ. I made a much smaller plate than I normally would have and stayed away from the dessert table all together. (sadly the beer that I consumed sent me waaaaaaaaay over.) :ohwell:
    Then I had to go out of town Saturday and Sunday to help my Mom clean out her lakehouse to put it on the market. Since we were "roughing it" out in the country and could not buy groceries (the appliances had already been hauled off) I fell victim to the fast food trap. How come it takes two weeks to drop 2 pounds and takes 2 days to gain?? That is sooooo frustrating!! :explode:
    On top of the horrible food choices, I fell off my no-smoking bandwagon. :smokin:
    Today is a brand new day though. I am going to kick it up a notch in Spin class today!! :bigsmile: (and say no to those nasty cigarettes)
    Good luck everyone!! :drinker:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Yep!!!:frown: I drank so much this weekend and I ate so much food I was feeling really bad Friday night. Not use to drinking at all anymore and my mother in law made all this food and keep feeding me. Well back to my diet.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yeah, me too. Went to my hubbies family lake house for 4th.....ate and drank like a 17yr old...and I am not!!!
    Ran 5 miles friday and that was it for the weekend exercise! Unless you count the calories I burned drinking beer and riding a boat! Oh yeah, I spread a little sunscreen on and made banana pudding....which I ate. I opened a bottle of wine by pressing the button on an electric wine opener--almost broke a sweat.
    I am sure watching 5 hours of Wimbledon burnt some major calories!!

Fiddle dee dee....i had fun, today is a new day!

Good luck to all burning off holiday/weekend calories!!!!!
  • delanahub
    delanahub Posts: 56
    Options
    Me too I was on vacation with my husband and we rode ourmotorcycles 2000 miles in 5 days, you do burn a lot of calories, but Denny's breakfast is pure evil goodness, so between the breakfast and the coupla beers then the holiday weekend, I have been off the wagon about 7 days...so sad...back to oatmeal and my healthy choices...the summer in general is so hard all I want to do is eat fries, ice cream and dring beer. Thank god I am a vegeatrian or all hell would break loose.