Insanity

Options
Heya, I was just wondering what people put down for doing the Insanity work outs? I'm in week 3 of the first month, and I weigh 221 pound and I'm 5ft 5 so any thought on what to put down? Thanks

Replies

• Luisbravo
    Luisbravo Posts: 11
    Options
    i would love to also get an answer to this. im currently running and doing some weights but will be starting insanity and i would like to know how to log that work out on here. thanks to all for any help.
  • 1luckygal
    1luckygal Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I just add my own workout, name it after the workout I do and have a Heart Rate Monitor to track the exact calories that I burn. I usually burn 350-450 calories per workout (I'm on week one but was consistently burning about the same when I did P90X too...) or you could just try to look up each exercise and log it that way.... I'd look in to buying heart rate monitor though - it will help your workouts tremendously! :)
  • sammyleanne96
    Options
    I downloaded Shaun T's insanity workout dvd ages ago and found it honestly impossible to do more than a few minutes of it without sweating my bum off :P I'd say give it a go because it seems as though it would really do crazy things for your body but it wasn't the best thing to do in my room at Univeristy haha a lot of jumping and high knees :P
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I wear a heart rate monitor and work out calories burned from that and I create a new exercise
  • LCFulmer
    LCFulmer Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just add my own workout, name it after the workout I do and have a Heart Rate Monitor to track the exact calories that I burn. I usually burn 350-450 calories per workout (I'm on week one but was consistently burning about the same when I did P90X too...) or you could just try to look up each exercise and log it that way.... I'd look in to buying heart rate monitor though - it will help your workouts tremendously! :)

Ditto.. but I'm on week 2 of Insanity. Hopefully MFP would add both P90x and Insanity to the database.
  • mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I created 3 separate Insantiy exercises in my data base, one for the actual workout, one for the "recovery" workout and one for the fit test and I use my HRM. For the first month's videos, I was burning 350-450 as well.
  • Luisbravo
    Options
    i bought the cheapest heart rate monitor on ebay (timex) with chest strap.
    It does not have a calorie burn count ....
    its a tremendous work out for sure..
    Ill have to invest into a calorie counting hrm...
  • melruiz5
    melruiz5 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    If you don't have a heart rate monitor. . . . like me lol :bigsmile: . . . . I add it as circuit training. . but, I have taken the calories FROM circuit training and created my own exercise. The Recovery days, I used it as Yoga lol It's like a Yoga session, to me

Enjoy :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I wear a HRM and add it in manually. If you don't have HRM monitor I would put it down as circuit training.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Until I get my HRM next week, what I do is at the 30 second break we get during the routine, I track my pulse and take an average of them then enter it into my own created exercise.
  • Luisbravo
    Options
    thats great help you all.
    sounds very simple then..