Low-Cal Toppers for Baked Potatoes?

Options
misspenny762
misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
Any ideas?

Replies

• flwyland
    Options
    Steamed broccoli florets, crumbled turkey bacon.
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese

tuna

baked beans

laughing cow cheese
  • starstealing
    Options
    i looooove baked potatoes!

toppings:

vegetarian chili
    ff sour cream
    salsa
    barbecue sauce
    ketchup
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    Not really low cal unless you can find a low cal recipe but I like to top my baked potatoes with chili.
  • eureka1951
    eureka1951 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this site and just looked up baked potatoes. 290 calories for a potato? Is that right???? As for toppings I use ff cream cheese or lite cheddar cheese.
  • ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I use the low cal butter spray and grilled chicken. I've also heard salsa is good on a potato.
  • starstealing
    Options
    cottage cheese

tuna

baked beans

laughing cow cheese

hm, gonna have to try the cottage cheese or tuna suggestion! never would have thought about those, but i do love both.
  • starstealing
    Options
    I'm pretty new to this site and just looked up baked potatoes. 290 calories for a potato? Is that right???? As for toppings I use ff cream cheese or lite cheddar cheese.

depends on the size and of course whether you eat the skin (which i always do.) food scales are your friends!
  • dorwade
    dorwade Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use plain fat free or lowfat yogurt. Greek yogurt gives the best nutrition boost. I add freshly ground black pepper with the yogurt.
    Salsa is also great, alone or with the yogurt. Just check the sodium content, the range between brands is bigger than you might think.

Also:
    steamed brocolli with low fat cheese
    vegetarian low-fat chili
    low sodium ham dices finely

I eat a baked potatoe with about a half cup of salsa for supper every week or two. Add a spinach & tomatoe salad with fresh squeezed lemon or lime juice, and you can be really full for limited calories, and it is sooooo easy when you're exhausted and starving.
  • blugoogirl
    Options
    Spaghetti Hoops (they're fairly low cal surprisingly!)

Any steamed veg :D

Try making a hot tomato and basil salsa/sauce? That's fairly low cal and you can choose to make it spicy or not!
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    Broccoli/low fat cheese

Vegetarian chili (or chili made with ground turkey... it isn't like you use a whole serving of chili on one potato)

Light sour cream

Salsa/onions/black olives
  • lauralynette
    Options
    I made this and loved it! http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/sweet_potatoes_with_warm_black_bean_salad.html
    also I like broccli and low fat cheddar cheese.
  • mommaprinn
    mommaprinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    *A-1

*ff sour cream and peas

*broccoli and cheddar

*vegan chili

*salsa, cheddar and ff sour cream
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    I use Worchestershire sauce and some garlic powder and black pepper on my baked potato. YUM YUM! Or A1 steak sauce.

Cottage cheese is good too and I agree w/ the Greek style or plain yogurt.