Do you log vitamins?

Options
I take a multi- vitamin, and also vitamin C supplements when I'm feeling sick, should I be logging those in to keep track of everything I put into my body?

Replies

• jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Might as well. More info if you ever wonder down the road.
  • healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    i think it truly depends on the kind of logging you do. some people account for vitamins just because they literally account for every morsel entering their mouth. i do not log my multi-vitamin or my biotin for hair growth, but to each her own!
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I log my medicine and vitamins, but I only do so to remind myself to take them. LOL Otherwise I tend to forget.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are calorie-free nutrients. I don't know what point logging them would have, in terms of logging them like food.
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    I like the gummy vitamins and calcium supplements, which adds up to 45cal of my breakfast, so yeah I log them. It also helps remind me to take them because it reinforces my morning routine.

If they were only 5-10cal, I doubt I'd bother. But now I'm just used to it.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    The short answer: No. I don't log vitamins, supplements or coffee.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I don't.

I do log my coffee but only because I put milk in it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are calorie-free nutrients. I don't know what point logging them would have, in terms of logging them like food.

Actually it depends on the type. The gummy vitamins have calories and sugar and lots of other crap as fillers in them.
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Actually it depends on the type. The gummy vitamins have calories and sugar and lots of other crap as fillers in them.
    Yeah, the gummies do have filler crap. I looked one up 15 calories, 3 grams of sugar. I don't know exactly where the other 3 calories come from, but unless someone can't stomach a real vitamin, I'd stay away from these all together.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    I do. It doesn't really change your calorie intake, but it can't hurt, right?
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I do, mostly so I can remember to take them, I'm horrible about remember but since I've been logging them I seem to remember.
  • videonasties
    Options
    I do, because the gummy vitamins I take have calories in them.
  • 1duffwf
    1duffwf Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I log mine. I'm really making an effort to get enough calcium so this helps. Plus they have 15 calories in them lol.
  • varalidaine
    varalidaine Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I do so that I remember to take them :)