Tuna without Mayo recipes

Options
So I love, love, LOVE Mayo. But that stuff is horrible for you and loaded with fat and calories. I know I can use Miracle Whip (light) or Fat-Free Mayo as a substitute for making tuna salad but are there any other alternatives that you guys suggest? I tried making it with a combination of yellow mustard, sweet relish and lemon juice and though it was great, there was just a little something missing in it. :(

Replies

• skinnymel
    skinnymel Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    a friend uses fage greek yogurt instead of mayo in her tuna...haven't tried yet, but will this week
  • Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    What if you add a glaze amount of a mayo item? Everything in moderation :-)
  • Jes21sica
    Jes21sica Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I mix my tuna with hummus
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    my grandson is allergic to eggs, so i wanted to make a treat for my granddaughter's birthday that was healthy, but didn't contain eggs. I made chicken salad using ranch free salad dressing (no eggs) and some cheese dip and sweet relish - it was delicious and low in calories as well. because it was for kids, I used hotdog buns cut in half for the bread, but you could use any kind of breading or crackers that you like. I don't know how that would work with Tuna, but I'm guessing it would be similar.
  • happily
    happily Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just tried adding 1/4 cup taboulie to 1/4 cup tuna. I added a dash of Tabasco because I put that on everything.

It made a great side dish, but would have been too dry to make a sandwich.

I got a pint of taboulie at the farmers market, so I'm trying to figure out how to use it.
  • KerryB1977
    KerryB1977 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    fatfree ranch dressing or fatfree sour cream with pepper/spices or plain nonfat yogurt with dill relish are all good healthy alternatives to high fat mayo. Hope this helps. :bigsmile: