Don't feel like i've lost 40 lb :(

Options
Hey guys, feeling a little down. I've took pictures but I just don't think I look like I've lost much. Not many people I know have said there's a difference and they don't see me often so it's got me down quite a bit. I think I just still look the same as before and it's getting a bit depressing :(

Replies

• dvelocity
    dvelocity Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I know the feeling.

Sometimes people just don't want to say anything. They will be noticing soon and saying things.
  • YamRector
    YamRector Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I know what you feel...I lost 33 lb, took pictures of myself and even I don't see a difference :( ...it's depressing, but soon or later it will start to show, don't give up!
    WE ARE DOING IT!!! be proud of yourself! Don't you feel it a least on your clothes?
  • lkweber21
    lkweber21 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Grab a 10 lb bag of potatoes and then think of that x4. It helps put things into perspective!! Great Job!
  • Gdeeaz
    Gdeeaz Posts: 60
    Options
    I've lost 48 pounds so far and when I look at pictures I don't see much of a difference. However, I have dropped two pants sizes so I know there is a difference and I do feel better which is most important to me.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling. A lot of my friends know I'm losing but never ask me where I'm at or say they can see a difference. I'm down 32 lbs and just now starting to see a difference in myself but I'm noticing changes, like my clothes are getting very loose, I fit in my saddles differently, I can walk up stairs without feeling like I'm going to pass out.

Look for those things in yourself. Maybe you are losing all over and that's why you can't really see a difference yet. But you will. Don't quit.
  • xeno8604
    xeno8604 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The way you look plays alot onto this but weight should be one factor, for example do you feel better, are you more energetic, sleep better, more endurance......look at what ya can do now and compare it to what you used not be able to do so easily.

It took a while for me before I started to see the changes, I however felt the changes alot sooner, and if your with the same ppl all the time they may not see a difference, ppl that rarely see ya will.

Don't give up, just keep your head high and keep going!!
  • mellyish
    mellyish Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I've lost 37 myself, I get it, it's why I take side pictures as well, otherwise I wouldn't know how much smaller my stomach is even though it still feels huge. Fortunately people notice but that's because lately I've been shredding more inches then pounds, oh well.
  • cappri
    cappri Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    For me it was around the 50 pound mark that people really started noticing and commenting. Then the constant commenting from people got kind of annoying. :tongue:
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Ya know, for the longest time.. I didn't really feel like I looked any different. I was the fat kid up through my 30's. Your projected self image can be a hard thing to overcome. Even if the scale, measuring tape, and clothes tell you differently... it's not always easy to accept.

Good thing the scale is calling you a liar.

That said, measure... take a pic every week...

You'll eventually get to the point where you see the same version in the mirror that everyone else is seeing now.
  • NicoleMGetsFit
    NicoleMGetsFit Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Do you have old clothes that you don't fit into?
    Have you ever googled what 40lb of fat looks like... this is a great visual tool to see how well you've done!
    Also, in my own experience I had to learn that my weight and my self esteem were two different things. Previously before I lost weight I thought I was unhappy because I was overweight, and that it was ruining my life. Recently, after losing 2 stone I had times where I felt like you. -That's when I realised that I had to work on other things, like non-scale victories (I use exercise and clothes for these usually), my confidence and just generally taking control of my life and being pro-active.
    I don't know if you are the same, but I hope my experience helps!
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Your greatest challenge is with the mind. Stop focusing on the number and focus on how you feel and overall look - not how look in a specific shirt or pair of jeans. take pride in what you have accomplished.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    ((hugs)) I feel ya! You can creep my pics and see a before and after that I just recently took. I don't see much difference. BUT I'm down 8" on my waist and 6.5" on my hips, and that's just in the last 27 lbs, so I know my eyes are playing tricks on me. Plus I'm down almost 3 pant sizes (depends on the brand).

For me, people who see me often don't say much. It's people I haven't seen in months who really notice. And I can see a difference when I look in the mirror, but side by side comparison pics really jack with my brain and start to look alike.

Anyway, you're doing great. 40 lbs is no small feat!
  • Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Have lost 30lb and no one has noticed unless I have said :( my Mum noticed though, but that's because I hadn't seen her for 3 weeks plus I constantly went on about how much I was working out when talking to her throughout the weeks.

Hoping it will show to other people soon! People keep commenting how other people have lost weight, that's the hardest part. Like what I'm doing isn't even showing anything.
  • caribear1984
    caribear1984 Posts: 203
    Options
    I have lost quite a bit and I know in my head that I am smaller. However, I still don't really see it. I saw a reflection of myself the other day, and my first thought was "wow, I look taller!" I had to correct myself and say "no, not taller. Thinner." Craziness. I have started taking pictures of myself because for some reason I can sometimes see it in the pictures, but hardly ever in the mirror.

All that to say, I know how you feel. I hear it gets better.
  • VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeh my mum notices a lot she says i've gotten really slim but I just can't notice. I think I see it in my face though as I was messing about with my boyfriend on youcam taking funny pictures of us and my face looks like it's been vacuumed in LOL! Maybe I am being silly, i have dropped from a 44" to 37" sometimes it's 36 but women get bloating ect. My waist hasn't gone down much though it's at 30" from around 34-35" I geuss that's good though come to think of it. I'll keep at it and try not ponder too much on how I look :) Thanks for the support