Size 8 Jeans!

Options
I've always thought myself bigger than what I am, I guess. I've lost nearly 80 lbs in the last two years, and I've only just started on MFP to lose more. Today I went and bought new jeans. I was wearing size 13s, and they were sagging a lot. So I got tired of tugging them up over my hips and just went to the mall and decided to buy myself some new ones.

Funny thing is, I tried on size 12s, looked in the mirror and blinked in surprise. Too big!

Went down to size 11s and it was much the same. Thought to myself, "Come on, there's no way you'll fit in a size 10. Quit dreamin'. Must be the sizes in Old Navy." So I left and went to Maurice's and tried on their jeans. Size 10 bagged around my thighs and wouldn't stay up.

Finally, I decided I'll try to squeeze into a size nine, but even that was big around the waist. I had no choice but to try size 8s, and they fit like a glove! I haven't been a size 8 since I was probably 8 years old. The seven was too small, though there were some variations that I could fit into which was astonishing to me.

At my biggest, I was in a size 16. I can't believe it. I was nearly in tears. I'm so happy. Just thought I'd share. :) Have a nice day, everyone!

Replies

• Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV! Congratulations!!!! I know you feel amazing.
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    NSVs are the best :) Congrats!
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    how exciting!! WE WANT PICS!!! :)
  • BayBay1956
    BayBay1956 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ooooh, I am so proud of you. Almost teared up reading this; congratulations and keep up the good work.:happy:
  • simplemamato3
    simplemamato3 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I bet you feel and look great!
  • jniels1975
    jniels1975 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That's a big NSV! You should wear them inside out so everyone can see the tag!
  • HahnTBeth
    HahnTBeth Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    That's so great, congrats!!! It's inspiring to know all the hard work really pays off; this is going to be great motivation for me, so thank you!
  • tammi_t
    tammi_t Posts: 20
    Options
    Now that's a lovely day! Congratulations!
  • GabiGabiBoBabi
    Options
    Very cool! Very inspirational :-)
  • deb_137
    deb_137 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Super happy for you!
  • lilkai4u
    lilkai4u Posts: 5
    Options
    Congrats! It's always great to see a NSV!
  • krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Amazing! That's probably one of the best feelings ever :) Congratulations on your accomplishment, I'm sure you've worked very hard to get here!
  • ptbodacious
    ptbodacious Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    That's a big NSV! You should wear them inside out so everyone can see the tag!

Or "accidentally" leave that sticky size tag on the leg :laugh: I just discovered I am down to 8's (from a 22W a year ago..) and I get where you are! Great job!
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    That is a great NSV!! To me, that's MUCH better than seeing the scale move! Congratulations :happy:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    That is so wonderful!!! Good for you! Such a good feeling huh!
  • stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Must be a wonderful feeling! :bigsmile:
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    Great job! Go flaunt those tiny jeans around girl!
  • all4my3boyz
    all4my3boyz Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great progress! BE PROUD, you earned it!! :bigsmile:
  • bri0628
    bri0628 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome success! Congratulations!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!