does anyone have an obsession with weighing themselves every

Options
124»

Replies

• WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Yup I do! I weigh myself every morning after the bathroom and before food. I also weigh after I use the washroom throughout the day.
  • katypres
    katypres Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes I do that!
  • fattyellis
    Options
    I think I have an issue. I weight myself everytime I go to the bathroom. Whether it is 8pm or 4am!!

I do the exact same thing!

Hahah. Me, too. :)
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yup sure do though I heard on the radio today that studies show people who weigh themselves everyday tend to lose twice as much weight as those who do so weekly so maybe its not a bad thing :)
  • Ahzuri
    Ahzuri Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    No, you should never weigh yourself every day. At most, maybe once a month, but not every day. Weighing yourself every day wouldn't prove anything, as your weight can fluctuate for a variety of reasons. If you've gained two pounds since yesterday, that doesn't mean anything. You might have been dehydrated yesterday, and today you are hydrated.

Keep in mind that what you eat today might not show up on the scale for several days, so if you cheated and had a cheeseburger and fries for lunch, then the next day got on the scale and it showed you didn't gain anything, that doesn't mean you got away with cheating. You could cheat like that, then be really strict about your diet the next day, but the third day that cheeseburger and fries will show up on the scale and you won't understand why, since you kept to your diet the day before.

By weighing once a month, you can get a more accurate idea of what your weight is doing. If the scale says you lost 6 pounds, then you know you lost some weight. You won't know if it was 6 pounds, you will just know you lost, since scales aren't accurate and you might be retaining extra water that day.

The best thing is to throw away the scale and determine your weight loss/gain by how you look and feel. How you look and feel is the goal we all should shoot for, not some random number that someone says we should weigh.

Think about it....if you looked fantastic in a bikini, but the scale said you needed to lose 15 pounds, would you be happy with the way you looked, or would you try to lose that 15 pounds and look too thin?

Actually I heard on the radio this morning that recent studies show people who use the scale daily tend to lose twice as much weight as those who weigh in weekly and on average those who don't weigh in gain around 4lbs. Of course this would go for someone who wasn't freaking out over the numbers, you just have to keep in mind that you weigh differently during different days of the week and times of day. I weigh every day, it makes me feel good to see those numbers going down but I only record my Friday weigh in as my official weight.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I used to - for motivation, but my trainer made my husband hide the scales. Now I am not allowed to weigh in until my trainer says so. It's frustrating not knowing how much I have lost BUT I have to say that with exercise obviously you can lose fat and gain muscle, and I am finding people's comments on my shape and size and my clothes testimony enough for now xxx
  • nurseenf
    nurseenf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    i weigh everyday to make sure i'm eating right. i tried not too, but it didn't work. i just have to know. lol
  • emartire
    Options
    Yes. I do, as a lot of people here. :happy:
    For me works like a motivational tool, and It works for me.
    Maybe 1 time a day, maybe 3 times a day.
    The point is: Is useful for you?
    It helps to keep you motivated?
    If yes, do it.
    If not, forget it.
    Good luck!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning too. Then I take the weekly average as my weight for the week, and compare it to previous weeks. I learned it from the Carbohydrate Addict's Diet. I hated the diet, but have been weighing myself like this ever since (and that was like, 5 years ago).