NSV...Well, kind of

Options
ckemmis
ckemmis Posts: 51 Member
So, I went and had my measurements done today to get a better idea of what a healthy weight should be based off of my frame, height, BF% and all that good stuff. I'm 5 foot 4, and always thought that I should probably weigh around 140 or so. Well imagine my complete and utter shock when the guy told me that my healthy weight based off of all of my factors is around 175 lbs.

Wait...what? I looked at him like he had three heads and a tail. But based off of my frame, measurements, and how I carry my weight evenly, instead of it being stored on one place on my body, 175 would be ideal for me. And if what the good trainer man said is true, that means I only have 30 more pounds to lose...Which makes everything just seem more doable.

Replies

• Alicia_P_28
    Alicia_P_28 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a downer, and I could be completely wrong..but I looked at several different height/weight charts and even with a large bone structure it looks like a healthy weight for your height is in the 150's max. I'm 5'11'' and overweight for me begins around 180 I believe..so being 7 inches shorter I would think the healthy range would be lower than that...But I'm sure the charts don't account for muscle and such..but I imagine that would be a lot of muscle...
  • ckemmis
    ckemmis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't want to be a downer, and I could be completely wrong..but I looked at several different height/weight charts and even with a large bone structure it looks like a healthy weight for your height is in the 150's max. I'm 5'11'' and overweight for me begins around 180 I believe..so being 7 inches shorter I would think the healthy range would be lower than that...But I'm sure the charts don't account for muscle and such..but I imagine that would be a lot of muscle...

Try, but I wasn't looking at a chart or anything to calculate this, I went and had it done by someone who went to school for all of this mumbo jumbo. He took my measurement, did a buoyancy test to determine my body fat, and a whole lot of other good stuff, and then we made a plan to help me get down to my ideal weight.
  • ygglove
    ygglove Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I hope that he's accurate (: - the good thing is that if you still look/feel too big 175- you can still do something about it. It's not a stopping point, unless it's a good point for you- it's just an 'idea'. It's easier to focus on losing smaller amount of weights, than larger anyway- so at the very LEAST it's just a good mini goal for you. Here's to hoping!
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Your body mass (muscle mass vs. fat mass) is probably high. You may have more muscle than the average person for your height.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!