New (And scared.)

Options
2»

Replies

• welshboy22
    welshboy22 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi Hayley, welcome aboard the ship. You done the first move and doing something positive. As I said to someone a few days ago, "HOW DO YOU EAT A WHOLE ELEPHANT?- ONE BITE AT A TIME". So small, realistic on-going goals are best. Support available here when you need, so feel free to add me. :smile:
  • cfilipi74
    cfilipi74 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HI Hayley - this is a hard to journey for all of us, but there is a great reward at the end. I'll send you a friend request. It's great to have that extra support system!
  • patsimmon88
    Options
    small goals are the best to start with , and log everything you eat. It makes you accountable for what your putting in your mouth. Even a cough drop is 5 calories! Drink lots of water and exercise! Feel free to add me if you want.
  • DatPanna
    DatPanna Posts: 59
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I really mean it. All of your posts were encouraging, and I appreciate the community. ^^ Please feel free to add me.
  • siuan87
    siuan87 Posts: 10
    Options
    You have a good idea to ease your way to lower calories. I think some of my past attempt at weight loss were abandoned because it was too big of a change all at once. :)
  • wildcherry64
    wildcherry64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley,
    I started this back in the middle of June and I have lost 17.5 lbs so far. I started at 256 lbs. It was a little difficult at first for me because you body is adjusting to the lower calories but after a couple of weeks it becomes much easier. Like someone else stated it becomes like a game to make different healthy foods work together.

Feel free to add me as a friend.

PS: My daughter and her fiance show how well I was doing that they have also started using MFP....LOL
  • JenRobistow
    JenRobistow Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Small changes at a time and drink plenty of water. You can add me if you like!
  • dan_boisvert_sub5x50
    dan_boisvert_sub5x50 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Don't be worried... just get into it... you will be there with some work... it is worth it...
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Hey Hayley...my oldest daughter has your name.

I don't friend people because I tend to be a bit much for folks (especially on TMI Tuesday...good heavens) and I'm all about the social aspect here (this IS my Facebook), but I will give you these motivational nuggets...you can do it. You have age on your side too which is a huge major plus.

It'll take some time of tweaking your friends list, but you'll see that if you're faithful to the site, there will be some folks on your list that will hang in there with you until the bitter end, which is hopefully never. I've got quite a few on mine that have been on there since i started. This site can be as much or as little as you want it to be, it's completely up to you how you use it.

:happy: :bigsmile: :happy: :bigsmile:
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi Hayley! I started out thinking, "Log all my calories? What a pain in the butt! How can that possibly work?" But it has! MFP has really helped me understand that I don't have to eat 2500cal/day just to feel full; I don't need to use food as a security blanket. Exercising almost everyday along with logging has helped me to lose 12lbs in 3 1/2 weeks so far. LIke Nike says, Just Do It! You'll love the results.

Feel free to add me. Anyone else can too. All friend requests accepted!
  • ricomincia
    ricomincia Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Focus and stick at it... It's a long battle but you will feel so much better with each and every day you make your body healthier. Best wishes and Good luck!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    well, do not be scared.
    go kick some *kitten*.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Nothing to be scared... look at this way... you're taking control.

I'd encourage you to be complete and honest in tracking your calories. In fact, consider taking a day and eat as you normally have in the past. You may be surprised to find that to learn that the calories you think you consume is different from what you actually consume.