Thinking about buying a wii fit. any feedback?

Options
Hi I need to step up my workout from the usual cardio and thinking of buying a wii fit. My gym does not offer classes and my work schedule makes it almost impossible to attend a class on a regular basis. I would most likely use it for strength training and yoga. Any feedback?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Hi I need to step up my workout from the usual cardio and thinking of buying a wii fit. My gym does not offer classes and my work schedule makes it almost impossible to attend a class on a regular basis. I would most likely use it for strength training and yoga. Any feedback?

Yeah, buy a weight set instead.
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Don't waste your money on Wii Fit. It sucks.
  • HealthierFoodie
    HealthierFoodie Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands, weight set, and YOUTUBE!

So much cheaper.
  • rassha01
    rassha01 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Resistance bands, weight set, and YOUTUBE!

So much cheaper.

tumblr_inline_mjejfkndvN1qz4rgp.gif
  • tampajudy140
    tampajudy140 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Buy one, it's great. I,m 74 years old and I love it, work out about 60 min. 5 days a week. Also the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is good and it,s only $10.00.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    OMG YES!!!! DO IT!!!!! MARIO KART ROCKS!

tumblr_lm70ifvUXi1qiws1uo1_500.gif
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    How does the Wii fit do strength training?
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    How does one do strength training on a Wii Fit??
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    How does one do strength training on a Wii Fit??

you hook it up to the tv, then put your kid in front of it while you go to the gym.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options

exactly this.

Unless you plan on loading it full of lead and picking it up a lot.
  • aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I like my wii, but not for strength. If you want strength you want weights or resistance bands.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Get a set of heavy dumbells and Chalene Xtreme or other strengh routine dvd....or youtube...Wii fit is a nice toy....
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options

+infinity
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    The strength training portion SUCKS.

I tried it the other week and it's really fickle with the movements.

I use it for daily weigh-ins and accountability.

I also sometimes use it for the free step while I'm watching a show or a movie.
  • Joreanasaurous
    Joreanasaurous Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    My Wiifit only comes out after a lot of alcohol has been drunk. By then the balance board games are the greatest thing ever. Beyond that though it is pretty useless.

I would get weights or resistance bands. Or look up You Are Your Own Gym.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Why not strength train at the gym, you don't need a class for that??
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    yeah I got that before from a friend who was sick of it and not using it.....tried it for a few days.....now it sits next to the wii and collects dust.....just not a great alternative.....many better suggestions are listed above \m/
  • AdriGirl
    AdriGirl Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I use my WII Fit for a couple of things, I use it with the Wii Active 2 from EA Sports, you can find them used. I don't recommend the Wii Active 1, just the 2. Then you can use the Wii Board for Step (I picked up a stand for the board), and there are a few other exercises that it will go with. I use it to track my weight, and find it helpful.
  • nsponseller
    Options
    Don't. Buy a Bowflex instead (or something else designed for strength training). Wii Fit is a joke.
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    thanks for the input. i used to do a Group power class at the gym and loved it but the gym fees were expensive and it was nearly impossible to make it to class on a regular basis. I was kind of hoping wii would be a good alternative. I find going to the gym doing weights is boring and i lose focus