Breakfast ideas

Options
Hi everyone... I have been eating Greek yogurt for breakfast EVERY morning for a MONTH! I need some new ideas! Please and thank you!:smile:

Replies

• sweetlyybroken
    sweetlyybroken Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! Has150 cals for half a cup of the quick oats. And there are INFINITE things you can mix into it! Some of my favorites:

Triple berry oatmeal - stir in some frozen blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries

Pumpkin - add cinnamon, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, vanilla extract

Any yogurt flavor - just add a little flavored greek yogurt.

Or any fresh fruit!
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Eggs and bacon. ♥
  • amyv15
    amyv15 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, fruit, toast

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sometimes I eat the Belvita Breakfast Cookies but they have a lot of sugar. :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Two eggs scrambled, 1/2 avocado, One whole peach

Two eggs scrambled, One serving Coach's Oats, 1 Cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)

I usually do one of these on week days. It's no holds bar on the weekend.
  • MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Steak and eggs!
  • StacyReneO
    StacyReneO Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    If I could eat it, I would say oatmeal! Lots of fiber and it keeps you full. Plus you can add so many great things - fruit, nuts, flaxseed. For now I usually do bacon and eggs or eggs & avocado,
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I LOVE 2 eggs over easy-fried in olive oil cooking spray on 2 slices of whole foods whole grain seeded toast. So filling and holds me for hours!
  • Dr_Kirk
    Dr_Kirk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, endless omelet combinations!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Didn't feel like 'breakfast' today, so had a corn tostada with 2 tablespoons avocado hummus, topped with tomato, onion and romaine. Yummy, but carby. Ad an egg and it would way up the protein!!
  • Danni3ll3
    Danni3ll3 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A slice of homemade oatmeal bread with homemade peanut butter and homemade jam. About 230 calories and it sticks to your ribs for a while.

Otherwise, there are tons of smoothies that you can make. My favourite:

1 cup and half of frozen fruit (a mix of raspberries, strawberries, mangoes, blueberries, cherries, peaches) - I do a half cup of 3 different fruits but I always include raspberries.
    Half a cup of homemade yogurt (full fat)
    2/3 cup of water
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use kaizen)
    About 400 calories depending on which protein powder you use.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats with PB2 (powdered peanut butter) & sweetened with maple syrup ..... or make your oatmeal with milk instead of water to bump up the protien. I love the texture of steel cut oats.... it's not like baby food.

Instant or rolled oats are pre-cooked ..... no reason these need to be cooked again. Many people make "refrigerator oatmeal" by adding yogurt & fruit the night before. Some people add dry oats directly to smoothies.

Make your own breakfast burrito or egg "McMuffin" ..... sub whole grain tortilla or english muffin..... use 2% cheese ..... you can bake eggs ahead of time in an 8" dish & just slice & re-heat.
  • novarugger10
    novarugger10 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    eggs and bacon with some fruit/berries
    egg white omelettes
    coconut pancakes with dark chocolate chips (my fave!)

I'm going to try baking an egg in avocado. It sounds amazing and should be really filling!
  • greenmm25
    greenmm25 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal! Has150 cals for half a cup of the quick oats. And there are INFINITE things you can mix into it! Some of my favorites:

Triple berry oatmeal - stir in some frozen blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries

Pumpkin - add cinnamon, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, vanilla extract

Any yogurt flavor - just add a little flavored greek yogurt.

Or any fresh fruit!

^YES! This is what I was thinking
  • Amy77521
    Amy77521 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Hungry Girl recipes. She has a website with lots of free recipes. You could also buy her cookbook.
  • nina8611
    nina8611 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I mix a 1/4 cup of Fiber one bran with Danon Greek Vanilla Yogurt & let it sit for about 10mins-very filling & yummy!
  • NormityNOR
    NormityNOR Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Crispy bacon, provalone cheese, M&Ms on a grinder roll with a side salad.
  • chrisloveslife
    chrisloveslife Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter
    Whole grain waffles with peanut butter or nutella
    Egg white wrap (with cheese and veggies)
    Banana with peanut butter
    Smoothie
    Luna bar and fruit
    As you can see, I love peanut butter for breakfast
  • TeresaMarie46
    TeresaMarie46 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    If you like oatmeal try this;

Add all this to a breakfast bowl;

1/4 c. RAW oats
    1/4 c. fat free Greek yogurt
    1/4 c. Almond or Coconut milk
    blueberries (fiber)
    bananas (potassium)
    Strawberries

OR YOUR CHOICE OF FRUITS

I prepare this the evening before, cover and refrigerate overnight and have it for breakfast the next day.
    If it is a bit tart from the strawberries, you can add Splenda, or whatever you choose.

This is very delish and filling.
  • desert_mom
    desert_mom Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    As my calories are low at the moment (1200), I've had to find the most filling low-cal breakfasts for me. That would be 3 egg whites, 1 egg either scrambled or hard-boiled with a piece of fruit or toast. I also like rice cakes with Greek yogurt and honey on top.