Same weight for a month and a half

Hello,

For a month and a half, I started being more careful about what I eat and started working out more often (running or swimming).
On Myfitnesspal they always said that "if everyday were like today ..." and it was always less than my current weight.
After a month and a half I am wondering why it is still the exact same weight.

Any thought ?

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    If you make your diary public, it would be easier to offer advice.

Make sure you are also taking your measurements and progress photos along the way - you will often see progress there while the scale is busy messing with your head and making you think you're not making progress.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    You could be building muscle or losing inches without losing weight. Trust me, measure your waist before you rely on a scale. I did that for too long and it ****s with your mind, big time. Measurements are key, that's where you'll be able to see change. Keep your head up my dear!
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    WHEN DO U W EIGH IN???
    U SHOULD D O IT WEEKLY
  • Thanks for your answers.

My diary is now public. I am not sure that you will be able to see much though because I just created a new account, my first choice of pseudo was not anonymous enough.
    Taking pictures is a good idea.

I alwasso using my clothes in order to see if there were any difference but I guess that it is not really accurate. I just started the measurements, I will see in a few weeks if there are any changes.

Thanks for your advice :) I won't rely that much on the scale anymore :)

I weight in every morning after waking up.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    First of all, pick one day a week and use that day as your weigh in day. Track your weight on that day only once a week. That's the best way to measure your weight. And take lots of measurements. That is what really tells the true story and can be quite reassuring.

Second, your goal is set to 1200 calories a day and I see there are days where you are netting well under 1000 calories a day. There my friend is the answer to your original question. Your body is holding onto everything you're giving it. You need to eat more. I would change your MFP goals to 'active' and 'lose 1 or 1/2 pound' a week. That will set your goal higher. You should be netting at least your BMR. There are lots of calculators online to figure out what your BMR is (BMR is what your body needs just to breathe... not even to move around). Never net below it.

Third, you are very active but I can't tell whether you are a cardio bunny, or if you weight train. I strongly recommend lowering your cardio workouts and upping your weight training. Muscle burns fat. New Rules of Lifting for Women, or the Stronglifts 5x5 program are both very good starter programs for weight lifting. Chalean Extreme is an awesome 90 day program that teaches you how to lift heavy, low reps. $100 through BeachBody. Good luck.
  • cfriend71
    cfriend71 Posts: 207 Member
    I hate when this happens! I found the perfect plan and it's working for me, and I lost 37 lbs using it since April 27th.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Hi, maybe you exercise to much and not eating enough net calories? I had a similar situation, lost nothing for 4 weeks.
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    I had a look at your diary, eat more chicken or fish for protein and less sugar. You need proper food when exercising, not chocolate :)
  • Lmns218
    Lmns218 Posts: 155
    I haven't been seeing any results after a month of my plan....and a lot of fluctuating with the scale (4-6lbs each day) so yesterday, I got rid of the battery, upped my protein and fat intake, and lowered my carbs in hopes that this will kick start some weight loss. I have lost about an inch each off of my waist, hips, and thighs....so I guess that is progress. I am going to start a new workout plan after next week. So maybe you should play around with what you eat a little bit more and switch up your workouts if that is not working.
  • maybeazure
    maybeazure Posts: 301 Member
    I have to say that I'm not a big believer in the "eat more and you'll lose more," theory. However, feel free to try it if you want. It doesn't seem very logical to me, but some people swear by it. I looked at your diary, and most days you are safely above 1200, and the days that you aren't...there seems like there could be some blanks, like no dinner logged.

What I am more curious about is how much you weigh now. It doesn't look like you have much to lose, and you may very well have more luck getting the body you want by focusing on strength training rather than losing weight. Muscle looks better than fat, but weighs more, and nobody knows the number on the scale but you and your doctor.

If you are actually overweight and need to lose it to get healthy, then I would make an effort to weigh and measure everything you eat and then log it faithfully. People are very good at underestimating how much they are actually eating, and overestimating how many calories they burn exercising. Many exercise calculators do give overly high numbers. You might try only eating back part of your exercise calories and see how that goes for a few weeks.
  • thatch1234
    thatch1234 Posts: 276 Member
    Ello, I had the same problem and it took me a good 6 weeks to get past it. But once your past it the ball starts rolling. What I like to belive is that the weight is staying the same as you are now shedding pure fat. Not 75% water and 25% fat. Actually 100% fat! And I often find as soon as im down after a plateu suddenly your clothes are baggy! Keeps me going :)