5:2 diet

Options
Who else is trying the 5:2 diet? :)

Replies

• jampen51
    jampen51 Posts: 2
    Options
    Today was the start of my 5th week. I've lost 4.5 lbs in these first 4 weeks. I don't find the fast days difficult, but the feed/feast days I tended to overdo it the first couple of weeks. That has calmed down now and I find myself more in touch with when I'm full. I don't always push away as soon as I should, but it is starting to happen. I found the information on www.mercola.com on intermittent fasting very interesting. There's a variant that is keeping feeding times to 8 hours per day and fasting the other 16. Has anyone else tried this?
  • AndyAlex
    AndyAlex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I've also been on the 5:2 for two weeks. SUPER EASY so far! It's definitely an easy lifestyle adjustment. Good luck to you *
  • mom2sons02
    mom2sons02 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Me! Just started today, starving though, just gotta get through it!
  • kpeck40
    kpeck40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I did it for the month of April and it helped me get over a three month plateau. I altered it slightly because my gym workouts burn around 1,000 calories and I was getting low sugar attacks. So, as a guy, I was taking in around 700-800 calories, and did it on Mondays and Thursdays. Got through 8 pounds that month. Thinking of doing it next week as an equalizer to some ups and downs in my eating last week.
  • jan19230
    jan19230 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Started the 5:2 on Monday, so this is my fourth day. So far so good. My fasting days are Monday and Thursday. Did feel a little hungry today, and did go over my 500 cals a bit, but I'm getting some craft projects finished that I started ages ago.

Good luck with yours, and I'll look out for your progress.

Jan :smile:
  • Hannahlouisewagner96
    Options
    I'm hoping to start it on Monday. Sticking to me 1200 calorie limit for the time being just to get into a routine of clocking food, etc.
  • eless2013
    eless2013 Posts: 2
    Options
    I tried the 16:8 diet (Fast for 16 hours eat for 8 hours a day) I found it did not suit my lifestyle at all. This is recommended for people who do a lot of physical activity. I found when i was in my feeding hours, i would binge eat, I was often bloated, moody and my sleep patterns change! Recommended for people already on a healthy diet (who can control their urges) and who do vigorous exercise.
    I've found with the 5:2 diet, i am pleased with my self control on fast days and like many i am learning to control my binging on feeding days.
  • BusyMom101
    Options
    Could you please tell me what this diet is ?? Sorry, I'm a newbie... lol TY:blushing:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I started 5:2 June 27th and I absolutely love it. It's the first time I've been excited about something that'll help me reach my weight loss goals. I'm hoping to see a loss Friday when I record, but so far I'm down 5lbs. I love how hunger doesn't rule my day anymore, rather I'm in control and eat because I need to. I always lived to eat so this is new and very promising :)
  • ksv3inks
    ksv3inks Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm on my second 'official' day (I tested it a bit prior to committing to see if I could do it). I am finding that it is really easy and I'm not near as hungry as I thought I would be. I start my day w/a chocolate Profit shake with Greens in Almond Milk (~170cal) at about 9am, and then vary on what I have for lunch. Then it's water the rest of the day, or some really low cal veggie if I feel the need to munch (celery w/homemade salsa seems to do the trick). Gives me 12-16 hours of 0cal fasting, 500 for the 24 hour period.
  • crabtreeo1
    crabtreeo1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i am but it does'nt seem to be working i am keeping to 1200 cals on feast days
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    There's loads of us - worth joining these two groups:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8005-5-2-fasting

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8628-5-2-diet

@crabtreeo1
    i am but it does'nt seem to be working i am keeping to 1200 cals on feast days

You are doing it wrong - you are not supposed to be eating at a huge deficit on your 5 days. These should be "normal" eating days - set your goal to maintain.
  • Dottyb1940
    Dottyb1940 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have been doing 5/2 since February and lost 24lbs sometimes slow but it suits me and fits in with my life style. I look at it as a life change diet and will carry on even when I have lost the weight that I need to.
  • jeannie0312
    jeannie0312 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Any ladies going through menopause doing this? What are your results? I wonder all the time, am I the only vegan who runs a 5k at least 5 days a week, eats WFPB & gains & loses the same 3 pounds over & over again? Is this diet "THE ONE" that will help my metabolism restart? Is it worth a try? I am very frustrated as I watch my nutrition diligently & workout daily, HARD!! But, never lose ANYTHING!!! Any advise would be helpful !!!
  • foxymandy
    foxymandy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi......I'm starting tomorrow....first day of fasting........are you on it?? I want to know where I can find an easy to use food calorie list and recipes........I don't do a lot of cooking!!
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    There are some 5:2 and Intermittent Fasting groups on the forums.
  • Impe60
    Impe60 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have done my first week with 5:2. Not as difficult with the fast days as I thought.