Wanted to *pop* in and say Howdy!

Options
Hello fellow weight loss time travelers.

Just wanted to say I'm new here and don't know if I'll get off to the rip roaring start some of you have planned, but I've promised myself I'd try. I have too much to lose these days (pun totally intended!). Back in the 90's when I started putting on the weight, I thought, it's just a pound or two, makes me hippy and curvy. Now I look in the mirror and say it was just 145 extra pounds, it makes me look shorter and like I ate myself.

In all seriousness though, I'm here so I can be around for my husband and my daughter. I love them both so much and just can't wait to get to and keep the goals I set for myself here. I'm having weight loss surgery at the end of this year, maybe the beginning of next, so the surgery along with friends, family and MFP will hopefully provide me with a wide net and the gumption to reach my goal. True to the facts of life which brought me to this place I'm currently in, this will be the first goal that I've set for myself and actually reached/kept.

Good luck to us all and hope to make some new friends.

Replies

• MichelleMac58
    MichelleMac58 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support....Welcome and good luck on your personal journey....stay strong and focused on your goal and count on your mfp's for support and encouragement....count me in for support if you want to.....toodles:smile: