3lbs in a week?

Options
Is it possible that one can lose 3lbs in a week? The weight seems to be coming off pretty quickly and I'm not complaining but I'm also wondering if its healthy to lose it this fast. My diary is open. Thanks in advance for any insight. :smile:

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    It does tend to come off quickly at first - a lot of it is water weight. It will trickle down from there as your body adjusts to the different calorie load.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    As long as your eating your calories (like I saw you were) then it's perfectly ok to lose 3 lbs in one week. If recently started, it can be water weight at first, then it does regulate after a little while. Just don't freak out when it does regulate. We can kind of get used to seeing those great high numbers then panic when it becomes less per week. The goal is to make it into a lifestyle, not just a fad diet.
  • EyeOTS
    EyeOTS Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    3 pounds in your first week sounds great. It looks like you're eating right.
  • DarcieC2389
    DarcieC2389 Posts: 146
    Options
    It is typical to lose more in the first week or two. I just started back on MFP and have lost almost 4 1/2 pounds. I love it, but am realistic and know not to expect that all the time. It will even itself out. I am going to try varying my calories once or twice a week for ongoing results. For instance every 3 or 4 days upping my calories 300-400 calories. I have done it in the past and it seems to keep your body from long plateaus.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Yep, especially in the first week or so. I lost about 4lbs my first week of using MFP and a little over 3lbs my second week. I'm still averaging around 2lbs per week loss, but I think it will probably slow down here soon.
  • emilycarr71404
    emilycarr71404 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I lost 3 pounds my 4th week in so I'd say it's okay. I was even dealing with TOM day week. As long as you are eating what you need calorie wise I wouldn't be concerned.