NSV: Wedding dress!

Options
eautrey124
eautrey124 Posts: 60 Member
About a month ago, I went dress shopping randomly not expecting to find the dress, but I was pleasantly surprised. I found the dress that had every detail I was looking for, so I bought it. However, it was a size 12 and I had never been that size in my entire life. That is when I decided to get serious about weight loss. Well, this morning I was admiring my dress and decided to try it on real quick, and it is starting to feel looser instead of hugging every curve! I don't start my alterations until about February or March, so I', excited to see how much more I can lose so I can look my best on my big day!

Replies

• tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    yaaaay for wedding dresses! congrats on your upcoming big day and your success thus far. keep it up with a healthier lifestyle!
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    oh that's exciting!!! :D
  • weberk
    weberk Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! I did the same thing. Bought my dream dress in a size way to small. Couldnt even do it up. 20lbs later, by the time I needed to do my alterations I could zip it up completely. Best feeling ever!
  • eautrey124
    Options
    Thats awesome! I did the same thing. Bought my dream dress in a size way to small. Couldnt even do it up. 20lbs later, by the time I needed to do my alterations I could zip it up completely. Best feeling ever!

The dress was actually my size. Size 12 was the highest weight I had been, so it made me get serious about getting in shape. I was excited that after 6 lbs it is starting to fit better and I am excited about what's in store for alterations. However, I'm worried that if I lose too much, it might be difficult to alter the dress (It has vintage lace and beading that would make alterations more complicated.
  • tartsul
    tartsul Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    wedding dress sizing is really weird. it's usually 2 sizes off what you would be in regular store bought clothes. i used to work in a bridal shop and it definitely made people freak out when they saw the sizing! don't worry about it! just keep up the hard work and i'm sure it will fit beautifully.

and i can't wait to see it! the way you describe the lace and the beading sounds gorgeous!
  • eautrey124
    Options
    wedding dress sizing is really weird. it's usually 2 sizes off what you would be in regular store bought clothes. i used to work in a bridal shop and it definitely made people freak out when they saw the sizing! don't worry about it! just keep up the hard work and i'm sure it will fit beautifully.

and i can't wait to see it! the way you describe the lace and the beading sounds gorgeous!

They will definitely be posted as my success story! I have pictures from when I first tried it on, and I will be posting those along with one from my wedding day!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!